Cornelia M Borkhoff
Affiliation: Women's College Hospital
- Patients' gender affected physicians' clinical decisions when presented with standardized patients but not for matching paper patientsCornelia M Borkhoff
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 62:527-41. 2009..To compare physicians' treatment and referral decisions for total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for standardized patients with matching paper patients...
- Disparities in receipt of screening tests for cancer, diabetes and high cholesterol in Ontario, Canada: a population-based study using area-based methodsCornelia M Borkhoff
Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital Room 728 790 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1N8
Can J Public Health 104:e284-90. 2013..We examined whether receipt of testing for colorectal, cervical and breast cancer, as well as diabetes and high cholesterol, differs by neighbourhood-level socio-economic and recent immigrant status...
- Reaching those most in need: a scoping review of interventions to improve health care quality for disadvantaged populations with osteoarthritisCornelia M Borkhoff
Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:39-52. 2011....
- Patient gender affects the referral and recommendation for total joint arthroplastyCornelia M Borkhoff
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, 1 Stewart Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1829-37. 2011..A number of factors may explain this gender disparity, including patients' preferences for surgery, gender bias influencing physicians' clinical decision-making, and the patient-physician interaction...
- The effect of patients' sex on physicians' recommendations for total knee arthroplastyCornelia M Borkhoff
Child Health Evaluative Sciences, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
CMAJ 178:681-7. 2008..The purpose of our study was to determine whether patients' sex affects physicians' decisions to refer a patient for, or to perform, total knee arthroplasty...
- Influence of patients' gender on informed decision making regarding total knee arthroplastyCornelia M Borkhoff
The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:1281-90. 2013..To investigate the effect of patient gender on patient-physician communication in the process of recommendation for total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from total joint arthroplasty?Gillian A Hawker
Department of Medicine, Women s College Hospital, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 65:1243-52. 2013..To evaluate patient predictors of good outcome following total joint arthroplasty (TJA)...
- Reliability and validity of a new survey to assess global health competencies of health professionalsMirella Veras
Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Glob J Health Sci 5:13-27. 2013..This study aims to assess the validity and reliability of a global health competency survey for different health disciplines...