- Insomnia in shift workAnnie Vallières
Ecole de Psychologie, Pavillon Félix Antoine Savard, 2325 rue des Bibliothèques, Bureau 1044 Université Laval, Quebec, QC G1V 0A6, Canada Centre d étude des troubles du sommeil, Centre de recherche Institut Universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, 2525 de la Canardière, Beauport, Quebec G1J 2G3, Canada Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Sleep Med 15:1440-8. 2014..The present study examined the impact of insomnia on the perceived physical and psychological health of adults working on night and rotating shift schedules compared to day workers...
- Predictability of sleep in patients with insomniaAnnie Vallières
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Centre d Etude des Troubles du Sommeil, Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 34:609-17. 2011..To evaluate whether the night-to-night variability in insomnia follows specific predictable patterns and to characterize sleep patterns using objective sleep and clinical variables...
- Sequential combinations of drug and cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic insomnia: an exploratory studyAnnie Vallières
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Pavillon FAS, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Behav Res Ther 43:1611-30. 2005..Also, a sequence beginning with a combined treatment followed by CBT alone seems to produce the best outcome. Additional research should be conducted with larger samples to determine the most effective sequence...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy, singly and combined with medication, for persistent insomnia: a randomized controlled trialCharles M Morin
Universite Laval, Ecole de Psychologie, Pavillon F A S, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1K 0A6
JAMA 301:2005-15. 2009..It is unclear whether combined or maintenance therapies would enhance outcome...
- Sequential treatment for chronic insomnia: a pilot studyAnnie Vallières
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Behav Sleep Med 2:94-112. 2004..Additional clinical trials should be conducted with larger samples to replicate these preliminary findings...
- Long-term outcome after discontinuation of benzodiazepines for insomnia: a survival analysis of relapseCharles M Morin
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Que, Canada G1K 7P4
Behav Res Ther 43:1-14. 2005..In conclusion, there is a substantial relapse rate following BZD discontinuation among prolonged users. CBT booster sessions might enhance compliance with CBT and prove useful in preventing relapse...
- Cognitive-behavior therapy singly and combined with medication for persistent insomnia: Impact on psychological and daytime functioningCharles M Morin
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 87:109-116. 2016..These findings indicate that insomnia-specific therapy is effective at improving daytime and psychological functioning in the short term, and that maintenance therapy produces an added value to optimize long-term outcomes...
- Meta-analysis of sleep changes in control groups of insomnia treatment trialsLynda Belanger
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
J Sleep Res 16:77-84. 2007..Further research directly comparing placebo groups and untreated groups from the same randomized trials remains necessary...
- Speed and trajectory of changes of insomnia symptoms during acute treatment with cognitive-behavioral therapy, singly and combined with medicationCharles M Morin
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada Electronic address
Sleep Med 15:701-7. 2014....
- Randomized clinical trial of supervised tapering and cognitive behavior therapy to facilitate benzodiazepine discontinuation in older adults with chronic insomniaCharles M Morin
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 161:332-42. 2004..This study evaluated the effectiveness of a supervised benzodiazepine taper, singly and combined with cognitive behavior therapy, for benzodiazepine discontinuation in older adults with chronic insomnia...
- Dysfunctional beliefs and attitudes about sleep (DBAS): validation of a brief version (DBAS-16)Charles M Morin
Universite Laval, Ecole de Psychologie, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 30:1547-54. 2007..This paper presents new psychometric data on an abbreviated version of the Dysfunctional Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep Scale (DBAS-16), a 16-item self-report measure designed to evaluate a subset of those sleep related cognitions...
- [Insomnia and increased use of sleep medication among seniors: problems and alternative treatment]Lynda Belanger
L Ecole de Psychologie, l Université Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can Fam Physician 52:968-73. 2006..To investigate the problem of insomnia and increased used of sleep medication among seniors and to look at an alternative form of treatment (cognitive-behavioural therapy [CBT]) that has been adapted specifically for this population...
- Actigraphy in the assessment of insomniaAnnie Vallières
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 26:902-6. 2003..The present study explores the clinical utility and sensitivity of actigraphy as an outcome measure in the treatment of chronic insomnia...
- Precipitating factors of insomniaCelyne H Bastien
Ecole de Psychologie, Centre d Etude des Troubles du Sommeil, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Behav Sleep Med 2:50-62. 2004..These events differed with the age of onset of insomnia but not with the gender of participants. These findings are useful to identify potential risk factors for insomnia and improve our understanding of the natural history of insomnia...
- Nocturnal heart rate variability in patients treated with cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomniaDenise C Jarrin
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval
Health Psychol 35:638-41. 2016..The present study aimed to evaluate potential cardiovascular benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I)...
- Qualitative studies of insomnia: Current state of knowledge in the fieldTaís Araújo
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre d étude des troubles du sommeil, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Québec, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Sleep Med Rev . 2016..Greater use of qualitative approaches in future research may produce novel and more contextualized information leading to a more comprehensive understanding of insomnia...