Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis: current status and future directionsNadia Zalunardo
Division of Nephrology, Saint Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6Z 1Y6
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 13:613-21. 2004..In addition, it is associated with increased cardiovascular mortality. The purpose of this review is to describe the current status of knowledge and future directions for this evolving field...
- Higher serum C-reactive protein predicts short and long-term outcomes in peritoneal dialysis-associated peritonitisN Y Zalunardo
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Kidney Int 71:687-92. 2007..Serial measurement of this marker during the course of peritonitis may facilitate earlier identification of individuals at greater risk of complications...
- Timing of arteriovenous fistula creation in patients With CKD: a decision analysisSteven M Shechter
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 63:95-103. 2014..The optimal time for arteriovenous fistula (AVF) referral is uncertain. Improving the timeliness of referral may reduce central venous catheter (CVC) use...
- Incidental atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis diagnosed at cardiac catheterization: no difference in kidney function with or without stentingNadia Zalunardo
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Nephrol 28:921-8. 2008....
- Acute Kidney Injury With Tobramycin-Impregnated Bone Cement Spacers in Prosthetic Joint InfectionsElissa S Y Aeng
Surrey Memorial Hospital, Surrey, BC, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 49:1207-13. 2015..Antibiotic-impregnated bone cement spacer (ACS) with tobramycin ± vancomycin is commonly used in a 2-stage replacement of infected prosthetic joints. This procedure has been associated with development of acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Experience of stenting for atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis in a cardiac catheterization laboratory: technical considerations and complicationsPercy P Jokhi
Department of Cardiology, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Cardiol 25:e273-8. 2009..However, high rates of procedural complications have been reported...
- Dedication of a nurse to educating suboptimal haemodialysis starts improved transition to independent modalities of renal replacement therapyJennifer Hanko
Division of Nephrology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2302-8. 2011..We established a Renal Triage Nurse (RTN) position to educate suboptimal HD starts and to facilitate transition to independent modalities of RRT...