Darren Er Warburton
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Heart disease and left ventricular rotation - a systematic review and quantitative summaryAaron A Phillips
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:46. 2012..Left ventricular (LV) rotation is increasingly examined in those with heart disease. The available evidence measuring LV rotation in those with heart diseases has not been systematically reviewed...
- Biochemical changes as a result of prolonged strenuous exerciseDarren E R Warburton
Division of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Br J Sports Med 36:301-3. 2002..To briefly review biochemical changes that may result from prolonged strenuous exercise and to relate these changes to health risk...
- Myocardial response to incremental exercise in endurance-trained athletes: influence of heart rate, contractility and the Frank-Starling effectDarren E R Warburton
Division of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Exp Physiol 87:613-22. 2002..Postural position has a significant effect on the relative contribution of heart rate, myocardial contractility and the Frank-Starling mechanism to the increase in Q during exercise conditions...
- Effects of upper extremity exercise training on peak aerobic and anaerobic fitness in patients after transplantationDarren E R Warburton
School of Human Kinetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Cardiol 93:939-43. 2004..It also appears that patients with cardiac and noncardiac transplants have an increased reliance on anaerobic energy systems during exercise conditions compared with healthy control subjects...
- Blood volume expansion and cardiorespiratory function: effects of training modalityDarren E R Warburton
Division of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta, Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:991-1000. 2004..We hypothesized that if modality-mediated differences in cardiorespiratory function exist after INT and CONT, they would be related directly to differences in training-induced hypervolemia...
- Effectiveness of high-intensity interval training for the rehabilitation of patients with coronary artery diseaseDarren E R Warburton
School of Human Kinetics and Faculty of Medicine, Unit II Osborne Center, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Cardiol 95:1080-4. 2005..This research supports the implementation of interval training for highly functional patients with coronary artery disease...
- A systematic review of the evidence for Canada's Physical Activity Guidelines for AdultsDarren Er Warburton
Cardiovascular Physiology and Rehabilitation Laboratory, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:39. 2010..The current Canadian guidelines appear to be appropriate to reduce the risk for the seven chronic conditions identified above and all-cause mortality...
- Pulse Decomposition Analysis of the digital arterial pulse during hemorrhage simulationMARTIN C BARUCH
Empirical Technologies Corporation, PO Box 8175, 3046A Berkmar Drive, Charlottesville, Virginia, 22906, USA
Nonlinear Biomed Phys 5:1. 2011..abstract:..
- Physical activity and functional limitations in older adults: a systematic review related to Canada's Physical Activity GuidelinesDonald H Paterson
School of Kinesiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:38. 2010..abstract:..