Hla Hla Thein
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Estimation of stage-specific fibrosis progression rates in chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a meta-analysis and meta-regressionHla Hla Thein
University Health Network, Division of Clinical Decision Making and Health Care Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hepatology 48:418-31. 2008..Duration of infection was the most consistent factor significantly associated with progression of fibrosis...
- Natural history of hepatitis C virus infection in HIV-infected individuals and the impact of HIV in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: a meta-analysisHla Hla Thein
University Health Network, Division of Clinical Decision Making and Healthcare Research, Toronto, Canada
AIDS 22:1979-91. 2008....
- Health status utilities and the impact of pressure ulcers in long-term care residents in OntarioHla Hla Thein
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Qual Life Res 19:81-9. 2010..To estimate health status utilities in long-term care (LTC) residents in Ontario, both with and without pressure ulcers (PUs), and to determine the impact of PU on health-related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Health care costs associated with hepatocellular carcinoma: a population-based studyHla Hla Thein
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Ontario Institute for Cancer Research Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hepatology 58:1375-84. 2013..The net cost of patients receiving radiofrequency ablation as the only treatment was relatively low in the initial phase, and there were no significant differences in the continuing and terminal phases...
- Effect of socioeconomic status on hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and stage at diagnosis, a population-based cohort studyKika Anyiwe
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Liver Int 36:902-10. 2016..We studied the impact of socioeconomic status (SES) on HCC incidence and stage at diagnosis among viral hepatitis cases...
- Improved Survival in Patients with Viral Hepatitis-Induced Hepatocellular Carcinoma Undergoing Recommended Abdominal Ultrasound Surveillance in Ontario: A Population-Based Retrospective Cohort StudyHla Hla Thein
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Ontario Institute for Cancer Research Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0138907. 2015..The data emphasizes the importance of surveillance for timely intervention in HCC-diagnosed patients...
- Combining semiquantitative measures of fibrosis and qualitative features of parenchymal remodelling to identify fibrosis regression in hepatitis C: a multiple biopsy studyVenessa Pattullo
Department of Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Histopathology 61:473-87. 2012..The aim of this study was to utilize semiquantitative and qualitative methods to report the prevalence and factors associated with fibrosis regression in CHC...
- Influence of socioeconomic status on survival of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Ontario population; a population-based study, 1990-2009Nathaniel Jembere
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e40917. 2012..We aimed to assess if an association between SES and HCC survival existed in the Canadian context...
- Preventing pressure ulcers in long-term care: a cost-effectiveness analysisBa Pham
TorontoHealth Economics and Technology Assessment Collaborative, Department of Health Policy Management andEvaluation, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 171:1839-47. 2011..Pressure ulcers are common in many care settings, with adverse health outcomes and high treatment costs. We evaluated the cost-effectiveness of evidence-based strategies to improve current prevention practice in long-term care facilities...
- Effectiveness of diagnostic strategies in suspected delayed cerebral ischemia: a decision analysisSapna Rawal
From the Division of Neuroradiology, Joint Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada S R, T K Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada C B Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, London, Canada A J B Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada A J B Division of Epidemiology, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada H H T Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Toronto, Canada H H T Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Canada H H T and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Brain Center Rudolf Magnus, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands G J E R
Stroke 46:77-83. 2015..Uncertainty in the strength of the relationship between imaged vasospasm or perfusion deficits and DCI-related outcomes raises the question of whether imaging to select patients for therapy improves outcomes in clinical DCI...
- Survival after diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma and potential impact of treatment in a hepatitis B or C infected cohortHla Hla Thein
The Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity in Society, The University of New South Wales Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Hospital and Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney HIV Immunology Infectious Diseases Clinical Services Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hepatol Res 42:1175-86. 2012..Efforts to improve HCC screening and early diagnosis are required to deliver curative treatment which clearly has a survival advantage...
- Estimation of utilities for chronic hepatitis C from SF-36 scoresHla Hla Thein
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 100:643-51. 2005..The aim of this study was to estimate utilities for chronic hepatitis C health states from published studies reporting Short Form-36 (SF-36) quality-of-life scores...
- Cost-effectiveness of treatment for chronic hepatitis C infectionGregory J Dore
JAMA 290:1993; author reply 1994. 2003