Graeme J Taylor
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The 20-Item Toronto Alexithymia Scale. IV. Reliability and factorial validity in different languages and culturesGraeme J Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, M5G1X5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Psychosom Res 55:277-83. 2003..The aim of this paper was to review findings from studies that have evaluated the reliability and factorial validity of the 20-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale (TAS-20) in different languages and cultures...
- The challenge of chronic pain: a psychoanalytic approachGraeme J Taylor
University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 36:49-68. 2008....
- Alexithymia and adult attachment representations: associations with the five-factor model of personality and perceived relationship adjustmentGraeme J Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 55:1258-68. 2014..The results suggest that alexithymia does not uniquely predict relationship adjustment beyond the domains of the FFM. ..
- Somatization and conversion: distinct or overlapping constructs?Graeme J Taylor
University of Toronto
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 31:487-508. 2003..Maintaining a conceptual distinction between somatization and conversion has important implications for psychoanalytic therapy...
- Recent developments in alexithymia theory and researchG J Taylor
University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 45:134-42. 2000..To review recent developments in alexithymia theory and research that are relevant to the field of psychosomatic medicine...
- Mind-body-environment: George Engel's psychoanalytic approach to psychosomatic medicineGraeme J Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:449-57. 2002..To provide an overview of George Engel's psychoanalytic approach and contributions to psychosomatic medicine...
- New trends in alexithymia researchGraeme J Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, Clarke Site, Toronto, Canada
Psychother Psychosom 73:68-77. 2004..Investigators need to embrace the new methods and techniques for the field of research to further increase understanding of the alexithymia construct and its association with physical and mental illness...
- Psychoanalysis and empirical research: the example of alexithymiaGraeme J Taylor
University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 61:99-133. 2013..The clinical relevance of the empirical research findings is discussed in the final section...
- Reexamining the factor structure of the 20-item Toronto alexithymia scale: commentary on Gignac, Palmer, and StoughR Michael Bagby
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Canada
J Pers Assess 89:258-64. 2007..s results as actually supportive of the traditional three-factor model and one that has been recovered in 17 of the 24 factor analytic studies of the TAS-20...
- The development of the Toronto Structured Interview for Alexithymia: item selection, factor structure, reliability and concurrent validityR Michael Bagby
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada
Psychother Psychosom 75:25-39. 2006..The aim of this study was to develop a valid and reliable structured interview for assessing the alexithymia construct...
- Latent structure of the alexithymia construct: a taxometric investigationJames D A Parker
Department of Psychology, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Assess 20:385-96. 2008..Some theoretical implications of these findings for research on the alexithymia construct are discussed...
- Measurement equivalence of the Toronto Structured Interview for Alexithymia across language, gender, and clinical statusKateryna V Keefer
Department of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatry Res 228:760-4. 2015..These findings provide support for the measurement equivalence of the TSIA, and allow researchers to reliably compare results from studies using the TSIA across the four language groups, gender, and clinical status. ..
- Affects, trauma, and mechanisms of symptom formation: a tribute to John C. Nemiah, MD (1918-2009)Graeme J Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ont, Canada graeme taylor utoronto ca
Psychother Psychosom 79:339-49. 2010..Secure attachments and well-developed capacities for symbolization and affect regulation seem to render individuals more resilient to the traumas and stressful events of everyday life...
- Interhemispheric transfer deficit in alexithymia: an experimental studyJ D Parker
Department of Psychology, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Psychosom Med 61:464-8. 1999..The purpose of this study was to evaluate this association in a nonclinical sample...
- Why publish a special issue on psychoanalysis and psychosomatics?Graeme J Taylor
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 36:1-10. 2008
- The influence of alexithymia on persistent symptoms of dyspepsia after laparoscopic cholecystectomyPiero Porcelli
Unità di Psicosomatica, IRCCS De Bellis Hospital, Castellana Grotte, Bari, Italy
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:173-84. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether preoperative alexithymia might play a role in the persistence of gastrointestinal symptoms after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Cross-cultural validation of a Chinese translation of the 20-item Toronto Alexithymia ScaleXiongzhao Zhu
The Medical Psychological Research Center, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Compr Psychiatry 48:489-96. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to develop a Chinese translation of the 20-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale (TAS-20-C) and examine its reliability and factorial validity...
- Alexithymia and psychopathology in patients with psychiatric and functional gastrointestinal disordersPiero Porcelli
Psychosomatic Unit, IRCCS De Bellis Hospital, Castellana Grotte, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 73:84-91. 2004..The association between psychiatric disorders and functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs) was also assessed...
- Alexithymia as predictor of treatment outcome in patients with functional gastrointestinal disordersPiero Porcelli
Psychosomatic Unit, IRCCS De Bellis Hospital, Castellana Grotte, Bari, Italy
Psychosom Med 65:911-8. 2003..The objective of this study was to investigate whether alexithymia might be a predictor of treatment outcome in patients with FGID...
- The 20-Item Toronto Alexithymia Scale. III. Reliability and factorial validity in a community populationJames D A Parker
Department of Psychology, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada K9J 7B8
J Psychosom Res 55:269-75. 2003..The study also assessed the reliability of the scale and the influence of gender, age, and education on TAS-20 scores...
- Assessing alexithymia and type A behavior in coronary heart disease patients: a multimethod approachMargarita Beresnevaitė
Laboratory of Clinical Cardiology, Group of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention, Institute of Cardiology, Kaunas Medical University, Kaunas, Lithuania
Psychother Psychosom 76:186-92. 2007....