Affiliation: University of Saskatchewan
- Invasive candidiasis in low birth weight preterm infants: risk factors, clinical course and outcome in a prospective multicenter study of cases and their matched controlsMichelle Barton
Division of Microbiology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Room 3654, Atrium, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 14:327. 2014..This multicenter prospective study of invasive candidiasis (IC) was carried out to determine the risk factors for, incidence of, clinical and laboratory features, treatment and outcome of IC in infants of birth weight <1250 g...
- The effect of funded varicella immunization programs on varicella-related hospitalizations in IMPACT centers, Canada, 2000-2008Ben Tan
Department of Pediatrics, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:956-63. 2012..Publicly funded routine immunization programs at 12 or 15 months of age were introduced by 5 provinces and territories (prov/terr) in 2000 to 2002 (earlier programs, EP) and by 8 prov/terr in 2004 to 2007 (later programs, LP)...
- Invasive infections caused by haemophilus influenzae serotypes in twelve Canadian IMPACT centers, 1996-2001Athena McConnell
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1025-31. 2007..We describe the epidemiology of H. influenzae invasive infections in 12 Canadian pediatric tertiary care [Immunization Monitoring Program, ACTive (IMPACT)] centers during the era of universal immunization against this pathogen...
- Children hospitalized with respiratory syncytial virus infection in Saskatchewan pediatric tertiary care centers, 2002-2005Ayisha Kurji
Department of Pediatrics, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 16:1005-13. 2014....
- Characteristics and outcome of infants with candiduria in neonatal intensive care - a Paediatric Investigators Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) studyJoan L Robinson
Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 9:183. 2009..There is limited information in the literature on the presentation and prognosis of candidal urinary tract infection (UTI) in infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- Prevention of respiratory syncytial viral infections in late preterm infantsKoravangattu Sankaran
Department of Pediatrics, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 15:241-8. 2013..Premature birth is a leading cause of infant mortality and chronic pulmonary morbidity, therefore prevention of RSV hospitalization though immune prophylaxis in late preterm infants appears attractive...
- Taking a closer look: an examination of measles, mumps, and rubella immunization uptake in SaskatoonKyla Avis
College of Nursing, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
Can J Public Health 98:417-21. 2007....
- Empyema associated with community-acquired pneumonia: a Pediatric Investigator's Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) studyJoanne M Langley
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 8:129. 2008..We reviewed the epidemiology and clinical management of empyema at 8 pediatric hospitals in a period before the widespread implementation of universal infant heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine programs in Canada...