Elissa M Strome
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Intracerebroventricular corticotropin-releasing factor increases limbic glucose metabolism and has social context-dependent behavioral effects in nonhuman primatesElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada V6T 2B5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15749-54. 2002....
- Quantitative in vitro phosphor imaging using [3H] and [18F] radioligands: the effects of chronic desipramine treatment on serotonin 5-HT2 receptorsElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre and UBC TRIUMF PET Group, University of British Columbia, Purdy Pavilion M36, 2221 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, B C, Canada V6T 2B5
J Neurosci Methods 141:143-54. 2005..The results indicate that phosphor imaging is a valid, fast, and quantifiable technique for measuring neuroreceptor regulation, and that it provides an excellent tool to corroborate in vivo PET data in vitro at higher resolution...
- Electroconvulsive shock decreases binding to 5-HT2 receptors in nonhuman primates: an in vivo positron emission tomography study with [18F]setoperoneElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 57:1004-10. 2005..The consequences of another effective antidepressant treatment, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), on 5-HT(2) receptors are less established...
- Evaluation of the integrity of the dopamine system in a rodent model of Parkinson's disease: small animal positron emission tomography compared to behavioral assessment and autoradiographyElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Purdy Pavilion M36, 2221 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2B5, Canada
Mol Imaging Biol 8:292-9. 2006..This evaluation can be performed in vivo, through evaluation of dopamine (DA)-dependent motor function or with small animal positron emission tomography (microPET), or at postmortem, by examining markers for DA neurons...
- Animal models of neurodegenerative disease: insights from in vivo imaging studiesElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Imaging Biol 9:186-95. 2007....
- Electroconvulsive shock enhances striatal dopamine D1 and D3 receptor binding and improves motor performance in 6-OHDA-lesioned ratsElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
J Psychiatry Neurosci 32:193-202. 2007....
- Spatiotemporal pattern of striatal ERK1/2 phosphorylation in a rat model of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia and the role of dopamine D1 receptorsJenny E Westin
Basal Ganglia Pathophysiology Unit, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 62:800-10. 2007..We examined the activation pattern of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 and 2 (ERK1/2) and its dependence on D1 versus D2 dopamine receptors in hemiparkinsonian rats treated with 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-L-alanine (L-DOPA)...