Craig D Steinback
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Cerebral oxygenation following epinephrine infusionCraig D Steinback
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Neurol Sci 321:23-8. 2012..The results of the present study demonstrated that clinical doses of epinephrine result in a delayed increase in cortical blood volume due to an increase in Oxy-Hb, consistent with vasodilation...
- Cyclooxygenases 1 and 2 differentially regulate blood pressure and cerebrovascular responses to acute and chronic intermittent hypoxia: implications for sleep apneaAndrew E Beaudin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Heart Assoc 3:e000875. 2014..Therefore, this study's objective was to determine the role of prostanoids in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular responses to IH...
- Relationship between oxidative stress and HIF-1 alpha mRNA during sustained hypoxia in humansVincent Pialoux
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Free Radic Biol Med 46:321-6. 2009..Finally, this study in humans corroborates the previous in vitro findings demonstrating that ROS is involved in HIF-1 alpha transcription...
- Subject specific effects of hyperpnea but not hypocapnia on airway conductanceCraig D Steinback
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 177:127-32. 2011..976, p < 0.001) and H-15 (r = 0.952, p < 0.001), with the magnitude of change inversely related to basal GL (r = -0.555, p = 0.006). Thus, inter-subject variation in GL was due to hyperpnea, with no detectable effect of hypocapnia...
- Differential regulation of sympathetic burst frequency and amplitude following acute hypoxia in humansCraig D Steinback
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 303:R633-8. 2012..These data indicate the differential regulation of pattern and magnitude of sympathetic outflow in humans with sympathetic persistence following HX being specific to burst frequency and not amplitude...
- Neurovascular decoupling is associated with severity of cerebral amyloid angiopathyStefano Peca
From the Department of Radiology, Seaman Family MR Centre S P, C R M, R F, B G G, E E S, Departments of Clinical Neurosciences E D, G K, N S, K S, A C, n p, M J P, R F, B G G, E E S, Physiology and Pharmacology C D S, A B, D F, M J P, and Community Health Sciences G H F, E E S, University of Calgary, Canada Institute of Human Movement Sciences and Sport D F, ETH Zurich, Switzerland Hotchkiss Brain Institute M J P, R F, B G G, E E S, and Faculty of Kinesiology M J P, University of Calgary Foothills Medical Centre, Alberta Health Services, Canada
Neurology 81:1659-65. 2013....
- Ventilatory responses to isocapnic and poikilocapnic hypoxia in humansCraig D Steinback
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 155:104-13. 2007..01), despite no f(R) response during exposure to PH. Use of pHPR improved the signal to noise ratio during PH, though failed to detect the peak ventilatory response, and therefore may not be appropriate when describing peak responses...