Dawn A Smith
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- 'Making a difference': A new care paradigm for pregnant and parenting Aboriginal peopleDawn A Smith
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Room 3251b 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5
Can J Public Health 98:321-5. 2007..Community-based stakeholders included community members, providers of health and social care, and health care and community leaders...
- Bringing safety and responsiveness into the forefront of care for pregnant and parenting aboriginal peopleDawn Smith
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Canada
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 29:E27-44. 2006..Results suggest that the intention of care must be situated within a broader view of colonizing relations to improve early access to, and relevance of, care during pregnancy and parenting for Aboriginal people...
- Rethinking nursing best practices with aboriginal communities: informing dialogue and actionDawn Smith
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Rd, Room 3251B, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 22:24-39. 2010....
- Examining our privileges and oppressions: incorporating an intersectionality paradigm into nursingKimberley A Van Herk
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Nurs Inq 18:29-39. 2011....
- Turning around the intergenerational impact of residential schools on Aboriginal people: implications for health policy and practiceDawn Smith
University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 37:38-60. 2005....
- Creating a new dynamic in Aboriginal healthDawn Smith
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
Can Nurse 102:36-9. 2006....
- Maternal-child health care in Aboriginal communitiesDawn Smith
Population Health Program, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 35:143-52. 2003
- Innovation. Building research capacityDawn Smith
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ontario
Can Nurse 99:23-7. 2003