James A Scott
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Ethanol physiology in the warehouse-staining fungus, Baudoinia compniacensisJuliet O Ewaze
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mycol Res 112:1373-80. 2008..In other fungi, such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, ADH II catalyses the conversion of ethanol to acetaldehyde, which then can be metabolized via the TCA cycle. ADH II is known to be strongly repressed in the presence of glucose...
- Western Cold and Flu (WeCoF) aerosol study--preliminary resultsEric Savory
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, The University of Western Ontario, 1151 Richmond Street North, London N6A 5B9, Canada
BMC Res Notes 7:563. 2014..The WeCoF project aims at providing evidence to support prevention measures to mitigate person-to-person influenza transmission in critical locations, such as hospitals, and during pandemics...
- A new exposure metric for traffic-related air pollution? An analysis of determinants of hopanes in settled indoor house dustHind Sbihi
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, 2206 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Environ Health 12:48. 2013..Exposure to traffic-related air pollution (TRAP) can adversely impact health but epidemiologic studies are limited in their abilities to assess long-term exposures and incorporate variability in indoor pollutant infiltration...
- Baudoinia, a new genus to accommodate Torula compniacensisJames A Scott
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R4
Mycologia 99:592-601. 2007..compniacensis in the order Capnodiales and reveals that it is most closely related to the microcolonial genus Friedmanniomyces. Heat resistance is induced by brief sublethal temperature exposure...
- Semiselective isolation of the ethanol-imbibing sooty mould Baudoinia of distillery aging warehousesJuliet O Ewaze
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Microbiol 54:331-3. 2008..The present study describes a new semiselective isolation medium for this fungus based on the use of ethanol as a sole carbon source and low levels of nitrogen and trace elements...
- Physiological studies of the warehouse staining fungus, Baudoinia compniacensisJuliet O Ewaze
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, 223 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R4, Canada
Mycol Res 111:1422-30. 2007..Sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) analysis of cellular proteins reveals that heat and ethanol pre-adaptation appear to induce formation of putative heat shock proteins...