Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Francophones living with HIV/AIDS in Ontario: the unknown reality of an invisible cultural minorityAndre A Samson
Faculty of Education, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
AIDS Care 24:658-64. 2012..This research showed that cultural sensitivity should include a linguistic aspect when it comes to health-related services, especially in the context of an officially bilingual country...
- Adapting to major chronic illness: a proposal for a comprehensive task-model approachAndre Samson
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Education, 145 Jean Jacques Lussier, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 70:426-9. 2008..To develop a comprehensive task-based model that describes the psychosocial adaptation process to major chronic illness...
- The lived experience of hope among parents of a child with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: perceiving the human being beyond the illnessAndre Samson
Faculté d éducation, Université d Ottawa, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
Chronic Illn 5:103-14. 2009..Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is genetically determined, progressive and incurable. Our study's primary objective was to describe the lived experience of hope among parents of a child with DMD...
- Self-fulfillment despite barriers: volunteer work of people living with HIVAndre Samson
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
AIDS Care 21:1425-31. 2009..However, participants are restricted by their preference to volunteer for HIV-related organizations in order to avoid social stigma and rejection...
- The experience of spirituality in the psycho-social adaptation of cancer survivorsAndre Samson
Faculty of Education, University of Ottawa, PO Box 450, Station A, Ottawa, Ontario, KIN 6N5
J Pastoral Care Counsel 57:329-43. 2003....