Bridget L Ryan
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Parents' and physicians' perceptions of childhood epilepsyBridget L Ryan
Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Seizure 12:359-68. 2003..The degree of concordance between parents' and physicians' perceptions of epilepsy, and its effect on parents' satisfaction with care was also examined...
- Integrating Physician Services in the Home: evaluation of an innovative programMoira Stewart
University of Western Ontario, Family Medicine, Suite 245, 100 Collip Circle, London, ON N6G 4X8
Can Fam Physician 56:1166-74. 2010..To evaluate a new program, Integrating Physician Services in the Home (IPSITH), to integrate family practice and home care for acutely ill patients...
- Implementing and Using a Patient Portal: A qualitative exploration of patient and provider perspectives on engaging patientsBridget L Ryan
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University
J Innov Health Inform 23:848. 2016..ObjectiveThe objective was to explore the feelings, ideas, and expectations of patients and primary care providers concerning the implementation and use of patient portals...
- Understanding adolescent and young adult use of family physician services: a cross-sectional analysis of the Canadian Community Health SurveyBridget L Ryan
Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 12:118. 2011....
- Where do family physicians practise after residency training? Flow of physicians from region to region across CanadaBridget L Ryan
Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6G 4X8
Can Fam Physician 53:479, 478:e.1-4, 478. 2007..To understand the flow of family physicians from region to region across Canada. To discover how many leave a region after residency, how many stay, and how many flow into a region from other regions...
- Results of a mixed-methods evaluation of partnerships for health: a quality improvement initiative for diabetes careStewart Harris
The Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada and Renison University College, The University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Am Board Fam Med 26:711-9. 2013....
- Patterns of referral in a Canadian primary care electronic health record database: retrospective cross-sectional analysisJoshua Shadd
Department of Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Inform Prim Care 19:217-23. 2011..This is the first study outside the United Kingdom to use an EHR database to describe rates of referral per patient from family physicians to specialists...
- Examining Primary Healthcare Performance through a Triple Aim LensBridget L Ryan
Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine and the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, London, ON
Healthc Policy 11:19-31. 2016..This study sought to apply a Triple Aim framework to the measurement and evaluation of primary healthcare (PHC) team performance...
- Measuring teamwork in primary care: Triangulation of qualitative and quantitative dataJudith Belle Brown
Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
Fam Syst Health 33:193-202. 2015..Teams used conflict resolution strategies and adapted to the changes they encountered. These dimensions advanced the team's evolution toward a high functioning team...
- Processes of patient-centred care in Family Health Teams: a qualitative studyJudith Belle Brown
Departments of Family Medicine Brown, Ryan, Thorpe, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics Ryan, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University School of Social Work Brown, King s University College, Western University, London, Ont
CMAJ Open 4:E271-6. 2016..Our objective was to evaluate how these processes are enacted by 1 primary care model, Family Health Teams, in Ontario...
- Family-centered care in children with epilepsy: Evaluating the Measure of Processes of Care (MPOC-20)Kariym C Joachim
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Epilepsia 57:1660-1668. 2016..The objective was to test whether the five-domain structure of the Measure of Processes of Care (MPOC-20) was observed in a sample of children with epilepsy and, if not, to propose adaptations to improve its utility in this population...
- Is patient-centred care associated with lower diagnostic costs?Moira Stewart
Director, Centre for Studies in Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
Healthc Policy 6:27-31. 2011..The paper makes four recommendations and concludes that patient-centred care has a role to play in delivering not only effective but also efficient healthcare services...