Claude C Roy
Affiliation: University of Montreal
- Short-chain fatty acids: ready for prime time?Claude C Roy
Ste Justine Hospital, 3175 Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Nutr Clin Pract 21:351-66. 2006..The future lies with the design of studies to further explore basic mechanisms, and gene expression in particular, but emphasis should be placed on human intervention trials...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chylomicron retention disease based on a review of the literature and the experience of two centersNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine Research Center, Universite de Montreal, 3175, Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:24. 2010..The clinical guidelines proposed will helpfully lead to an earlier diagnosis and the prevention of complications...
- [Teasing out the various factors associated with the digestive and absorptive phases of intestinal transport]Emile Levy
Centre de Recherche, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5 Canada
Med Sci (Paris) 23:1014-9. 2007....
- [Brief history of the Ste-Justine Hospital Research Centre]Emile Levy
Centre de Recherche, CHU Sainte Justine 3175, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Med Sci (Paris) 23:901-3. 2007
- New lipids in enteral feedingClaude C Roy
Departments of Pediatrics and Nutrition, University of Montreal, Hospital Sainte Justine, 3175 Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 7:117-22. 2004..Lipid sources for enteral nutrition continue to be an exciting area of investigation. It is timely to review recent developments which have largely contributed to thrust enteral feeding into a new era...
- Chylomicron retention disease: a long term study of two cohortsNoel Peretti
Department of Nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, GI Nutrition Unit, 3175 Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Que, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 97:136-42. 2009..This study provides new insights on the phenotypic expression of CRD over time and emphasizes the need to screen the lipid profile of infants with chronic diarrhea and failure to thrive...
- Short bowel syndrome in infants: the critical role of luminal nutrients in a management programClaude C Roy
a Département de Pédiatrie, Service de Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie et nutrition, CHU Sainte Justine et Université de Montréal, 3175 Chemin de la Côte Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC H3T 1C5, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 39:745-53. 2014..Remarkable progress has been made in terms of survivability and quality of life, especially in the context of coordinated multidisciplinary programs, but much work remains to be done. ..
- Anderson or chylomicron retention disease: molecular impact of five mutations in the SAR1B gene on the structure and the functionality of Sar1b proteinMathilde Charcosset
UF Lipides Dyslipidémies, Laboratoire de Biochimie, CBE, 59 Boulevard Pinel, Bron Cedex, France
Mol Genet Metab 93:74-84. 2008..A determination of the specific mutation in Anderson disease or CMRD is required to ensure diagnosis and allow prompt therapeutic intervention in these children...
- Abnormal intracellular lipid processing contributes to fat malabsorption in cystic fibrosis patientsNoel Peretti
Departments of Nutrition, CHU Ste Justine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G609-15. 2006..Together, these results suggest that CF malabsorption may also be caused by defects in mucosal mechanisms leading to abnormal lipoprotein delivery into the blood circulation...
- Mutations in a Sar1 GTPase of COPII vesicles are associated with lipid absorption disordersBethan Jones
Genomic and Molecular Medicine Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College, London, England, UK
Nat Genet 34:29-31. 2003..Our data suggest that chylomicrons, which vastly exceed the size of typical COPII vesicles, are selectively recruited by the COPII machinery for transport through the secretory pathways of the cell...
- Effect of an organized lipid matrix on lipid absorption and clinical outcomes in patients with cystic fibrosisGuy Lepage
Department of Pediatrics, Hopital Ste Justine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Pediatr 141:178-85. 2002..To compare the absorption of a lysophosphatidylcholine, monoglyceride, and fatty acid matrix (organized lipid matrix, OLM) with that of a triacylglycerol (TG)-based fat meal in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...