Affiliation: University of Toronto
- TicsTamara Pringsheim
Neurology Program, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
Curr Opin Neurol 16:523-7. 2003..This paper reviews the recent literature concerning Tourette syndrome and related disorders...
- Migraine prevalence in male to female transsexuals on hormone therapyTamara Pringsheim
Neurology Program, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neurology 63:593-4. 2004
- Acute treatment and prevention of menstrually related migraine headache: evidence-based reviewTamara Pringsheim
Division of Neurology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Neurology 70:1555-63. 2008..5 mg, frovatriptan 2.5 mg twice daily, and naratriptan 1 mg twice daily. Choosing among treatment strategies must be based on clinical considerations...
- Understanding disability in Tourette syndromeTamara Pringsheim
Tourette Syndrome Neurodevelopmental Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M5T 2S8, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:468-72. 2009..For children with TS only, psychosocial health was not different from that of the normative population in the majority of domains tested. This suggests treatment of ADHD and OCD should be the priority in children with multiple diagnoses...
- Cluster headache: evidence for a disorder of circadian rhythm and hypothalamic functionTamara Pringsheim
Department of Neurology, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 29:33-40. 2002..The time has come to use the evidence for a disorder of circadian rhythm in cluster headache to further development of chronobiotics in the treatment of this disorder...
- The prevalence of primary dystonia: a systematic review and meta-analysisThomas D Steeves
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mov Disord 27:1789-96. 2012..Given the methodological limitations of the existing studies, our own prevalence estimate of primary dystonia likely underestimates the true prevalence of the condition...
- Incidence and prevalence of multiple sclerosis in the Americas: a systematic reviewCharity Evans
Division of Neurology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Neuroepidemiology 40:195-210. 2013..The purpose of this study was to systematically review and assess the quality of studies estimating the incidence and/or prevalence of MS in North, Central and South American regions...
- Canadian guidelines for the evidence-based treatment of tic disorders: behavioural therapy, deep brain stimulation, and transcranial magnetic stimulationThomas Steeves
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 57:144-51. 2012..The recommendations we provide are based on current knowledge, and further studies may result in their revision in future...
- Triptans: are they all the same?Tamara Pringsheim
Sunnybrook Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 60 Grosvenor Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1B6, Canada
Curr Pain Headache Rep 6:140-6. 2002..This article focuses on the pharmacologic differences between triptans with regard to their pharmacokinetics and drug interactions, and provides some helpful tips on how to optimize migraine treatment with the triptans...
- Melatonin as adjunctive therapy in the prophylaxis of cluster headache: a pilot studyTamara Pringsheim
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Headache 42:787-92. 2002..Melatonin shifts circadian rhythms. A previous study of melatonin for primary prophylaxis of cluster headache demonstrated a 50% response rate...
- Effective treatment of migraine. Terminating acute attacks, reducing their frequencyTamara Pringsheim
University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine
Postgrad Med 115:28-30, 33-4, 38 passim. 2004..Specific, effective treatment options for migraine are increasingly available, helping to reinforce how important it is that this common and sometimes disabling condition be recognized by primary care physicians...
- Tourette syndrome and dystoniaTamara Pringsheim
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:544. 2007