Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Low serum conditions for in vitro generation of human macrophages with macrophage colony stimulating factorA Plesner
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 357710, 1959 Pacific N E Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol Methods 249:53-61. 2001..The generation of human macrophages by M-CSF at low FCS should prove useful in studies where higher FCS concentrations may interfere with the assay...
- Preservation of enzyme activity and antigenicity after mutagenesis of the membrane anchoring domain of GAD65A Plesner
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7710, USA
Autoimmunity 34:221-30. 2001..Taken together, these data suggest that no major conformational changes have been introduced by mutating the membrane-anchoring domain of GAD65...
- Macrophages from high-risk HLA-DQB1*0201/*0302 type 1 diabetes mellitus patients are hypersensitive to lipopolysaccharide stimulationA Plesner
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle Department of Veterans Affairs, Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Scand J Immunol 56:522-9. 2002..Sensitized macrophages may be important to high-risk DQB1*0201/*0302-associated type 1 diabetes...
- Increasing the yield of human mononuclear cells and low serum conditions for in vitro generation of macrophages with M-CSFAnnette Plesner
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 357710, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol Methods 279:287-95. 2003..05). All cells were positive for CD14 and HLA class II but cell number did not increase. The generation of human macrophages by M-CSF at low FCS should prove useful in studies where higher FCS concentrations may interfere with the assay...
- The X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein enhances survival of murine islet allograftsAnnette Plesner
BC Research Institute for Children s and Women s Health, University of British Columbia, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Room 2071 950, W 28th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4H4, Canada
Diabetes 54:2533-40. 2005..Long-term protection of islet allografts by XIAP overexpression may enhance the survival of islet transplants in diabetes...
- XIAP inhibition of β-cell apoptosis reduces the number of islets required to restore euglycemia in a syngeneic islet transplantation modelAnnette Plesner
Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Islets 2:18-23. 2010....
- Synergistic inhibition of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis in human pancreatic beta cells by Bcl-2 and X-linked inhibitor of apoptosisDawei Ou
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
Hum Immunol 66:274-84. 2005..These results indicate that Bcl-2 and XIAP synergistically inhibit TRAIL-mediated death pathways in human beta cells...
- Islet allograft rejection is independent of toll-like receptor signaling in miceMeredith J H Hutton
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Transplantation 88:1075-80. 2009..Lack of TLR4, in particular, has been reported to improve allograft survival. Therefore, we hypothesized that TLRs may be involved in islet allograft rejection, and that deletion of TLR4 may improve islet graft survival...