Monica J Parry
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The association between diabetes status and survival following an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A retrospective cohort studyMonica Parry
Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Resuscitation . 2017..We sought to determine if diabetes status was associated with survival or ROSC following an OHCA...
- Measuring function in older adults with co-morbid illnesses who are undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgeryMonica Parry
Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, 155 College Street, Suite 130, Toronto, ON, Canada
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 54:477-83. 2012..Results of this study imply that the HAP is more sensitive than the PCS to these differences, but further research evaluating the HAP in populations with co-morbid burden is necessary...
- Peer support intervention trials for individuals with heart disease: a systematic reviewMonica Parry
Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Canada
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 9:57-67. 2010..Social support affects psychological and physical morbidity, mortality, and adjustment to chronic disease. Peer support, a specific type of social support, has been shown to be an effective intervention for a variety of populations...
- Cardiac Home Education and Support Trial (CHEST): a pilot studyMonica J Parry
Cardiac Surgery, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston and Toronto, Canada
Can J Cardiol 25:e393-8. 2009..Increased patient acuity and reduced hospital length of stays leave individuals ill prepared for their recovery...
- Pain experiences of men and women after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryMonica Parry
Nurse Practitioner Programs, Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:E9-E15. 2010..The objective of the study was to compare the prevalence and severity of pain and pain-related interference with activities in men and women 9 weeks after CABG surgery...