Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Repression of a potassium channel by nuclear hormone receptor and TGF-β signaling modulates insulin signaling in Caenorhabditis elegansDonHa Park
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS Genet 8:e1002519. 2012..elegans. NHR-69 and DAF-8 dependent regulation of exp-2 and DAF-28 also provides a novel molecular mechanism that contributes to the previously recognized link between insulin and TGF-β signaling in C. elegans...
- Interaction of structure-specific and promiscuous G-protein-coupled receptors mediates small-molecule signaling in Caenorhabditis elegansDonHa Park
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6T 1Z4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9917-22. 2012....
- Increased longevity of some C. elegans mitochondrial mutants explained by activation of an alternative energy-producing pathwayMarco Gallo
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mech Ageing Dev 132:515-8. 2011..We show that gei-7 is required for the longevity of the mitochondrial mutant clk-1. Our data suggest that only mitochondrial mutants that upregulate gei-7 can achieve longevity...
- RNAi screen of DAF-16/FOXO target genes in C. elegans links pathogenesis and dauer formationVictor L Jensen
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e15902. 2010..We propose that dauer larva formation is a behavioral response to pathogens mediated by increased dauer pheromone production...
- MISC-1/OGC links mitochondrial metabolism, apoptosis and insulin secretionMarco Gallo
Department of Medical Genetics, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e17827. 2011..Our results suggest that controlling MISC-1/OGC function allows regulation of mitochondrial morphology and cell survival decisions by the metabolic needs of the cell...
- Antagonistic Smad transcription factors control the dauer/non-dauer switch in C. elegansDonHa Park
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T1Z4, Canada
Development 137:477-85. 2010..In the adult, DAF-8 downregulates lag-2 expression in the distal tip cells, thus promoting germ line meiosis. This function does not involve DAF-3, thereby avoiding the feedback loop that functions in the dauer switch...