Richard L O'Reilly
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Olanzapine-induced methylation alters cadherin gene families and associated pathways implicated in psychosisMelkaye G Melka
Molecular Genetics Unit, Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5B7, Canada
BMC Neurosci 15:112. 2014..A number of these molecules have been implicated in the causation of schizophrenia and related disorders...
- Monozygotic twins with early-onset schizophrenia and late-onset bipolar disorder: a case reportRichard O'reilly
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, St, Joseph s Regional Mental Health Care, 850 Highbury Avenue North, London, ON, N6A 4H1, Canada
J Med Case Rep 7:134. 2013..Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are generally considered to be distinct illnesses. One piece of evidence supporting their distinctness is the rarity of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder occurring in monozygotic co‒twins...
- DNA methylation and mRNA expression of SYN III, a candidate gene for schizophreniaBrenda C Murphy
Molecular Genetics Unit, Department of Biology and Division of Medical Genetics, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
BMC Med Genet 9:115. 2008..The synapsin III (SYN III) gene on chromosome 22q is a candidate gene for schizophrenia susceptibility due to its chromosome location, neurological function, expression patterns and functional polymorphisms...
- Why are community treatment orders controversial?Richard O'reilly
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Western Ontario, London
Can J Psychiatry 49:579-84. 2004..This paper describes the major sources of contention, outlines the position of the protagonists, and where possible, attempts to answer some of the questions raised and identify common ground...
- A qualitative analysis of the use of community treatment orders in SaskatchewanRichard L O'Reilly
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
Int J Law Psychiatry 29:516-24. 2006..Family members viewed CTOs as necessary to control a chaotic situation caused by the subject's limited insight...
- The capacity to execute an advance directive for psychiatric treatmentRichard L O'Reilly
The University of Western Ontario, Research and Education Unit, Regional Mental Health Care, London St Thomas, ON, Canada
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:66-71. 2008....
- Treatment delays for involuntary psychiatric patients associated with reviews of treatment capacityMichelle Kelly
Research and Education Unit, Regional Mental Health Care, St Joseph s Health Care, London, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 47:181-5. 2002....
- Site-specific cytosine methylation in S-COMT promoter in 31 brain regions with implications for studies involving schizophreniaBrenda C Murphy
Molecular Genetics Unit, Department of Biology and Division of Medical Genetics, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 133:37-42. 2005..The unique observation of a completely methylated cytosine 23 in one patient with SZ may have the potential to affect COMT mRNA transcription and gene activity, but remains to be evaluated...
- Biological relevance of CNV calling methods using familial relatedness including monozygotic twinsChristina A Castellani
Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London N6A 5B7, ON, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 15:114. 2014..It has, therefore, become necessary to develop experimental protocols to test the reliability of CNV calling methods from microarray data so that researchers can properly discriminate biologically relevant data from noise...
- Copy number variation distribution in six monozygotic twin pairs discordant for schizophreniaChristina A Castellani
Department of Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Twin Res Hum Genet 17:108-20. 2014..An explanation for these differences is ontogenetic de novo events that differentiate in the monozygotic twins during development. ..
- Molecular characterization of a 2.7-kb, 12q13-specific, retroviral-related sequence isolated by RDA from monozygotic twin pairs discordant for schizophreniaParomita Deb-Rinker
Department of Zoology and Division of Medical Genetics, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Genome 45:381-90. 2002....
- Supreme court of Canada's "Beautiful Mind" caseJohn E Gray
University of Western Ontario, Canada
Int J Law Psychiatry 32:315-22. 2009..We conclude that a law that allows a person with a mental illness to be incarcerated indefinitely in a "hospital" because needed psychiatric treatment cannot, by law, be provided is not justifiable in a caring democratic jurisdiction...