D E Moulin
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Long-Term Outcome of the Management of Chronic Neuropathic Pain: A Prospective Observational StudyDwight E Moulin
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
J Pain 16:852-61. 2015..Perspective: Evidence-based treatment of chronic neuropathic pain provides long-term benefit in only about one-quarter of patients seen in tertiary care centers. Opioid therapy may not be beneficial...
- Systemic drug treatment for chronic musculoskeletal painD E Moulin
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Clin J Pain 17:S86-93. 2001..The purpose of this review was to determine how effective different classes of analgesic agents are in the management of chronic pain...
- Pharmacological management of chronic neuropathic pain - consensus statement and guidelines from the Canadian Pain SocietyD E Moulin
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Pain Res Manag 12:13-21. 2007..Further studies are required to examine head-to-head comparisons among analgesics, combinations of analgesics, long-term outcomes, and treatment of pediatric and central NeP...
- Does acute pain associated with herpes zoster respond to treatment with gabapentin?Dwight Moulin
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2:298-9. 2006
- Treatment of neuropathic pain with venlafaxineJ E Sumpton
Pharmacy Department, London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 35:557-9. 2001..To report a case of successful treatment of neuropathic pain with venlafaxine...
- Role of health care professionals in multidisciplinary pain treatment facilities in CanadaPhilip Peng
Wasser Pain Management Centre, Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pain Res Manag 13:484-8. 2008..To examine the role of health care professionals in multidisciplinary pain treatment facilities (MPTF) for the treatment of chronic pain across Canada...
- The multidimensional pain inventory profiles in patients with chronic cancer-related pain: an examination of generalizabilityC Zaza
Department of Oncology, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Pain 87:75-82. 2000..Whereas the MPI-based profiles are consistent across non-malignant pain problems, it appears that the nature of cancer may affect the MPI-based profile classification system more than non-malignant pain problems do...
- Methadone in the management of intractable neuropathic noncancer painD E Moulin
Departments of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 32:340-3. 2005..To evaluate the role of methadone in the management of intractable neuropathic noncancer pain...
- Use of opioid analgesics for the treatment of chronic noncancer pain--a consensus statement and guidelines from the Canadian Pain Society, 2002Roman D Jovey
Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program, Credit Valley Hospital, Suite G 01, 2300 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga, Ontario L5M 2V8, Canada
Pain Res Manag 8:3A-28A. 2003
- Evaluation of dosing guidelines for use of controlled-release codeine in chronic noncancer painAlan Russell
William Osler Health Centre, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Pain Res Manag 8:143-8. 2003..The clinical utility of guidelines for conversion of patients from a combination analgesic preparation of acetaminophen 300 mg plus codeine 30 mg every 4h to 6h as needed to scheduled controlled-release (CR) codeine every 12h was evaluated...
- A Phase II, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study of CJC-1008--a long-acting, parenteral opioid analgesic--in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgiaMark S Wallace
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego, USA
J Opioid Manag 2:167-73. 2006..The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the preliminary efficacy and safety of CJC-1008 as compared with placebo in patients with postherpetic neuralgia (PHN)...
- Use of methadone for neuropathic painDwight Moulin
Pain Res Manag 8:131-2. 2003
- An open-label, multi-dose efficacy and safety study of intramuscular tetrodotoxin in patients with severe cancer-related painNeil A Hagen
Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:171-82. 2007..It effectively relieved severe, treatment-resistant cancer pain in the majority of patients and often for prolonged periods after treatment. It may have a novel mechanism of analgesic effect. Further study is warranted...
- Controlled-release oxycodone relieves neuropathic pain: a randomized controlled trial in painful diabetic neuropathyC Peter N Watson
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pain 105:71-8. 2003..Painful neuropathy is one of the most common long-term complications of diabetes mellitus and often proves difficult to relieve...