Lisa M Mielniczuk
Affiliation: University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Riociguat: a novel therapeutic option for pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionLisa M Mielniczuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Onatrio, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 30:1233-40. 2014..This article reviews the key findings from the phase III trials for riociguat that led to these approvals and the implications this has for the treatment of patients with PAH and CTEPH. ..
- Routine versus selective cardiac magnetic resonance in non-ischemic heart failure - OUTSMART-HF: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (IMAGE-HF (heart failure) project 1-B)Ian Paterson
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Trials 14:332. 2013..This will lead to a reduction in the non-specific diagnoses of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and HF with preserved ejection fraction...
- Computed tomographic coronary angiography for patients with heart failure (CTA-HF): a randomized controlled trial (IMAGE HF Project 1-C)Benjamin J W Chow
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, including Cardiac Imaging, The Heart Failure Program, and the Cardiac ResearchMethods Centre, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W7, Canada
Trials 14:443. 2013..Acknowledging the aging population, the growing prevalence of HF and the increasing financial burden of healthcare, we need to identify non-invasive diagnostic tests that are available, safe, accurate and cost-effective...
- Alternative Imaging Modalities in Ischemic Heart Failure (AIMI-HF) IMAGE HF Project I-A: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialEileen O'Meara
Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, QC, Canada
Trials 14:218. 2013....
- Worsening renal function and prognosis in pulmonary hypertension patients hospitalized for right heart failureLisa M Mielniczuk
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Congest Heart Fail 18:151-7. 2012..89). Significant renal dysfunction is common in patients with PH and an acute decline in renal function is an important marker of in hospital death and short term mortality in right heart failure...
- Relation between right ventricular function and increased right ventricular [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose accumulation in patients with heart failureLisa M Mielniczuk
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:59-66. 2011....
- Ultrafiltration in the management of acute decompensated heart failureLisa M Mielniczuk
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Cardiol 25:155-60. 2010..One alternative to standard therapy is mechanical fluid removal with ultrafiltration, this review will highlight the current evidence and efficacy regarding ultrafiltration use in acute heart failure...
- Acute decline in renal function, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk after an acute coronary syndromeLisa M Mielniczuk
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4W7, Canada
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:1811-7. 2009..The prognostic significance of worsening renal function has also been shown in various cohorts of cardiac disease; however, the predictors of worsening renal function and the contribution of inflammation remains to be established...
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate, inflammation, and cardiovascular events after an acute coronary syndromeLisa M Mielniczuk
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 155:725-31. 2008..However, it remains to be established whether the prognostic value of impaired estimated glomerular filtration rate (GFR) remains after accounting for markers of inflammation...
- Left ventricular end-diastolic pressure and risk of subsequent heart failure in patients following an acute myocardial infarctionLisa M Mielniczuk
Cardiology Division, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Congest Heart Fail 13:209-14. 2007..77-1.65). Elevated LVEDP is common following myocardial infarction; however, it is not an independent predictor of subsequent HF risk. The variability in LVEDP is not fully explained by infarct size and atherosclerotic burden...
- Usefulness of beta-blocker therapy and outcomes in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionPetsy Pui Sze So
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 109:1504-9. 2012..Further randomized data are needed to evaluate the potential benefits and risks of β-blocker use in patients with PAH...
- Effects of short-term continuous positive airway pressure on myocardial sympathetic nerve function and energetics in patients with heart failure and obstructive sleep apnea: a randomized studyAllison B Hall
From the National Cardiac PET Center, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine A B H, M C Z, S C, I G B, J R, R A D, H H, L M M, K Y, A G, O W, L G, J N D, R S B B, and Cardiac Research Methods Center L C, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Canada Diagnostico Medico Oronia, Non Invasive Cardiovascular Imaging Department, Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina M C Z Division of Respirology, Department of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada J A L Department of Molecular Imaging, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicince, Sapporo, Japan K Y and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada J S F
Circulation 130:892-901. 2014..We hypothesized that short-term (6-8 weeks) CPAP in patients with OSA and heart failure with reduced ejection fraction would improve myocardial sympathetic nerve function and energetics...
- Giant cell myocarditis in a patient with a spondyloarthropathy after a drug hypersensitivity reactionPeter R Mitoff
Divisions of Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery and Nursing, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 29:1138.e7-8. 2013..Heart failure symptoms returned and she eventually required a heart transplant; the explanted heart showed giant cell myocarditis. ..
- Prognostic value of rubidium-82 positron emission tomography in patients after heart transplantBrian A Mc Ardle
From the Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine B A M A, R A D, G R S, T D R, G D, Y Y, H H, L M M, E S, R H, R S B, B J W C, National Cardiac PET Center B A M A, R A D, T D R, R H, A G, R S B, R A D, B J W C, and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Methods Center L C, University of Ottawa Heart Institute Ottawa, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 7:930-7. 2014..Positron emission tomography using rubidium-82 allows quantification of absolute myocardial blood flow and may have utility for risk stratification in this population...
- Imaging the failing right ventriclePeter R Mitoff
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Cardiol 27:148-53. 2012....
- The association between high-dose diuretics and clinical stability in ambulatory chronic heart failure patientsLisa M Mielniczuk
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Card Fail 14:388-93. 2008..In chronic heart failure (HF), diuretic doses increase as the disease progresses, often after hospitalization for instability, and have been associated with worsening renal function and increased mortality...
- Immune modulation therapy in heart failureLisa M Mielniczuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Congest Heart Fail 12:91-6; quiz 97-8. 2006....
- Evaluation and monitoring of patients with acute heart failure syndromesAnju Nohria
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:32G-40G. 2005..Development of validated and reproducible noninvasive techniques to monitor patients with acute HF will be an important step in maximizing interventions to improve outcomes in this patient population...