S Ac Medlicott
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Malakoplakia associated with prostatic adenocarcinoma: Report of 4 cases and literature reviewShaun Medlicott
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Calgary Laboratory Service and University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada Electronic address
Ann Diagn Pathol 22:33-7. 2016....
- Synchronous appendiceal and intramucosal gastric signet ring cell carcinomas in an individual with CDH1-associated hereditary diffuse gastric carcinoma: a case report of a novel association and review of the literatureLeslie E Hamilton
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Gastroenterol 13:114. 2013..Herein we describe the first reported case of primary appendiceal signet ring cell carcinoma arising in a CDH1-associated hereditary diffuse gastric carcinoma kindred with synchronous primary diffuse gastric carcinoma...
- Intramuscular myxoid lipoma in the proximal forearm presenting as an olecranon mass with superficial radial nerve palsy: a case reportPeter Lewkonia
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, NW Calgary, Alberta T2N 4Z6, Canada
J Med Case Rep 5:321. 2011..Extremity lipomas may occur in any location, including the proximal forearm. We describe a case of a patient with an intramuscular lipoma presenting as an unusual posterior elbow mass...
- Acute hepatic failure and multi-system organ failure secondary to replacement of the liver with metastatic melanomaGilaad G Kaplan
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary and Calgary Health Region, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Cancer 5:67. 2005..Metastatic malignant melanoma to the liver resulting in fulminant hepatic failure is a rare occurrence...
- Systemic illnesses unexpectedly presenting as acute appendicitis: case studiesShaun A C Medlicott
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Peter Lougheed Centre, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Can J Surg 51:73-4. 2008
- Multiple lymphomatous diverticulosis and comorbid chronic lymphocytic leukemia: novel manifestations of ileocolic mantle cell lymphomaShaun A C Medlicott
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Int J Surg Pathol 15:408-13. 2007..MCL has not been documented to coexist with CLL. An invaginating morphology of lymphoma, multiple lymphomatous diverticulosis is also a novel presentation. These 2 scenarios expand MCL's known manifestations within the GIT...
- Enterocolic lymphocytic phlebitis: statistical analysis of histology features in viable and ischemic bowelShaun A C Medlicott
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Peter Lougheed Centre, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Int J Surg Pathol 14:200-5. 2006..Hallmarks of ischemic bowel are necrotizing phlebitis and thrombi formation. Thrombophlebitis morphology is distinctly different in viable and ischemic bowel, changing from the classic lymphocytic to necrotizing lesions respectively...
- Herpes simplex virus type II infection of ileum mesothelium: a case report and review of the literatureS Ac Medlicott
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Peter Lougheed Centre, Calgary, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 19:367-71. 2005..Disseminated infection can manifest in myofibrocytes and mesothelium, distinguishing it from standard epithelial atypia of localized HSV infection...
- Synchronous collagenous sprue and enteropathy-type T cell lymphoma: variants of the same diseaseS A C Medlicott
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Calgary Laboratory Services, Peter Lougheed and Foothills Medical Centre, 3500 26 Street Northeast, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 6J4, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 18:329-32. 2004..Because atypical CD8+ lymphocytes are in both the collagenous sprue epithelium and ETL, the implication is that collagenous sprue is a noninvasive component of the ETL...
- Intestinal thromboangiitis obliterans in a woman: a case report and discussion of chronic ischemic changesShaun A C Medlicott
Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 17:559-61. 2003..In the present case, chronic ischemia manifested as partial bowel obstruction due to stricture deformity of the ileum and profound adipocyte atrophy of mesentery...
- Multimodal immunosuppressant therapy in steroid-refractory common variable immunodeficiency sprue: a case report complicating cytomegalovirus infectionS A C Medlicott
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Peter Lougheed Centre, University of Calgary, Canada
Int J Surg Pathol 14:101-6. 2006..To our knowledge, this is original documentation of duodenal CMV infection secondary to immunomodulatory therapy for steroid-refractory CVID-sprue...