Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Correlation between self-reported smoking status and serum cotinine during pregnancySarah D McDonald
The Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Addict Behav 30:853-7. 2005..67 (p=0.088) for the subgroup of smokers. This study demonstrates that self-reported smoking exposure during pregnancy is highly accurate. The high correlation coefficient suggests that this is a robust surrogate for cotinine levels...
- Perinatal outcomes of in vitro fertilization twins: a systematic review and meta-analysesSarah McDonald
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:141-52. 2005..The objective of this meta-analysis was to determine whether the incidence of poor obstetric outcomes is higher for in vitro fertilization twins than for spontaneously conceived twins who were matched for maternal age...
- Association of Noninvasive Ventilation Strategies With Mortality and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Among Preterm Infants: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisTetsuya Isayama
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada2Department of Newborn and Developmental Paediatrics, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 316:611-24. 2016..Various noninvasive ventilation strategies are used to prevent bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) of preterm infants; however, the best mode is uncertain...
- Psychological factors and trimester-specific gestational weight gain: a systematic reviewMufiza Zia Kapadia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 36:15-22. 2015..Given the limited number of studies, further high-quality evidence is required to examine the association between psychological factors and trimester-specific GWG, especially for cognitive and personality factors. ..
- Myocardial injury after noncardiac surgery: a large, international, prospective cohort study establishing diagnostic criteria, characteristics, predictors, and 30-day outcomesFernando Botto
From the Hamilton General Hospital, David Braley Cardiac, Vascular, and Stroke Research Institute, Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada P J D and Members of The VISION Writing Group and VISION Investigators, who are listed in appendix 1 and appendix 2, respectively Population Health Research Institute, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Department of Clinical Research, Estudios Clinicos Latino America ECLA, Rosario, Argentina Biomedical Research Institute Sant Pau IIB Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga and Fundación Cardioinfantil, Colombia St John s Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, India Department of Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada University of Malaya, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia Research Institute Hcor Hospital do Coracao, Sao Paulo, Brazil Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Anesthesiology 120:564-78. 2014..The study's four objectives were to determine the diagnostic criteria, characteristics, predictors, and 30-day outcomes of MINS...
- Hypertension in pregnancy after Escherichia coli O157:H7 gastroenteritis: a cohort studyImmaculate F P Nevis
Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Hypertens Pregnancy 32:390-400. 2013..We studied the risk of hypertension in pregnancy following a large E. coli O157:H7 outbreak that occurred in Walkerton, Canada, in the year 2000...
- The effect of tobacco exposure on maternal and fetal thyroid functionSarah D McDonald
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, HSC 3N52B, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 140:38-42. 2008..To determine the effect of smoking on maternal and fetal thyroid function...
- Perinatel outcomes of singleton pregnancies achieved by in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysisSarah D McDonald
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:449-59. 2005..To determine whether the incidence of adverse obstetric outcomes is higher in singleton pregnancies achieved by in vitro fertilization (IVF) than in spontaneously conceived singletons matched for maternal age...
- Folate levels in pregnant women who smoke: an important gene/environment interactionSarah D McDonald
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:620-5. 2002..The objective of this study was to determine whether serum and red blood cell folate levels were decreased in pregnant women who smoke and whether total plasma homocysteine levels were elevated...
- Cervical cancer during pregnancySarah D McDonald
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Newborn Care, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:491-8. 2002..Chemoradiation is the standard treatment for advanced cancer of the cervix. When acceptable fetal maturity has been reached, a classical Caesarean section is usually performed prior to definitive treatment...