Maria Athina Tina Martimianakis
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The world as the new local clinic: a critical analysis of three discourses of global medical competencyMaria Athina Tina Martimianakis
Department of Paediatrics, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Soc Sci Med 87:31-8. 2013....
- Understanding the challenges of integrating scientists and clinical teachers in psychiatry education: findings from an innovative faculty development programMaria Athina Tina Martimianakis
University of Toronto, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, UHN TGH, Eaton South 1 565, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:241-7. 2009..This project was designed to identify attitudes toward the integration of science in clinical teaching and address barriers to collaboration between scientists and clinical teachers...
- Sociological interpretations of professionalismMaria Athina Martimianakis
Wilson Centre for Research in Education, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Med Educ 43:829-37. 2009..However, many sociologists of the professions favour more explanatory theories that incorporate political, economic and social dimensions into understanding of the nature and function of professionalism...
- The research innovation and scholarship in education program: an innovative way to nurture educationMaria Tina Martimianakis
Department of Psychiatry and the Wilson Centre for Research in Education at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:364-9. 2009..The authors document the creation and 5-year progress of the Research Innovation and Scholarship in Education (RISE) program at the largest psychiatry department in Canada...
- Cracks and crevices: globalization discourse and medical educationBrian David Hodges
Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Med Teach 31:910-7. 2009....
- Relationships of power: implications for interprofessional educationLindsay Baker
Centre for Faculty Development, Faculty of Medicine University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care 25:98-104. 2011....
- Internationally Educated Health Professionals in Canada: Navigating Three Policy Subsystems Along the Pathway to PracticeRobert Paul
R Paul is a PhD candidate, Institute of Health Policy Management and Evaluation, and Research Fellow, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M A Martimianakis is assistant professor, Department of Paediatrics, and Scientist, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada J Johnstone is associate staff physician, Division of Paediatrics, Department of Paediatrics, and program director, Global Child Health Fellowship, Centre for Global Child Health, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada N McNaughton is associate director, Standardized Patient Program, Faculty of Medicine, and affiliated scholar, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Z Austin is professor, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, Academic Director, Centre for Practice Excellence, and Murray B Koffler Chair in Pharmacy Management, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med . 2016..subsystem create alternative health care employment options for IEHPs? Finally, how might health professions educators pursue a leadership role in the creation of an overarching institution to manage the pathway to practice for IEHPs?..
- Where is the client/patient voice in interprofessional healthcare team assessments? Findings from a one-day forumSophie Soklaridis
a Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care . 2016..Using a concept mapping methodology, participants discussed client/patient inclusion in IPC assessments, and through a consensus process, chose a demonstration project for further development...
- Alternative Framings, Countervailing Visions: Locating the "P" in Professional Identity FormationFrederic W Hafferty
F W Hafferty is professor of medical education, Division of General Internal Medicine and Program in Professionalism and Values, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota B Michalec is associate professor, Department of Sociology, and assistant director of health research, Center for Drug and Health Studies, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware M A Martimianakis is assistant professor and director of medical education scholarship, Department of Paediatrics, and Scientist, Wilson Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada J C Tilburt is professor of medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Acad Med 91:171-4. 2016....