Maria Athina Tina Martimianakis
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The world as the new local clinic: a critical analysis of three discourses of global medical competencyMaria Athina Tina Martimianakis
Department of Paediatrics, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Soc Sci Med 87:31-8. 2013....
- Understanding the challenges of integrating scientists and clinical teachers in psychiatry education: findings from an innovative faculty development programMaria Athina Tina Martimianakis
University of Toronto, Wilson Centre for Research in Education, UHN TGH, Eaton South 1 565, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:241-7. 2009..This project was designed to identify attitudes toward the integration of science in clinical teaching and address barriers to collaboration between scientists and clinical teachers...
- Sociological interpretations of professionalismMaria Athina Martimianakis
Wilson Centre for Research in Education, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Med Educ 43:829-37. 2009..However, many sociologists of the professions favour more explanatory theories that incorporate political, economic and social dimensions into understanding of the nature and function of professionalism...
- The research innovation and scholarship in education program: an innovative way to nurture educationMaria Tina Martimianakis
Department of Psychiatry and the Wilson Centre for Research in Education at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:364-9. 2009..The authors document the creation and 5-year progress of the Research Innovation and Scholarship in Education (RISE) program at the largest psychiatry department in Canada...
- Cracks and crevices: globalization discourse and medical educationBrian David Hodges
Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Med Teach 31:910-7. 2009....
- Relationships of power: implications for interprofessional educationLindsay Baker
Centre for Faculty Development, Faculty of Medicine University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care 25:98-104. 2011....