Cynthia A Mannion
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Geophagy practices and the content of chemical elements in the soil eaten by pregnant women in artisanal and small scale gold mining communities in TanzaniaElias C Nyanza
School of Public Health, Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences, P, O, Box 1464, Bugando Area, Mwanza, Tanzania
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:144. 2014..The present study examined geophagy practices of pregnant women in a gold mining area of Geita District in northwestern Tanzania, and also examined the potential for exposure to chemical elements by testing soil samples...
- Breastfeeding self-efficacy and the use of prescription medication: a pilot studyCynthia Mannion
School of Nursing, Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, 2290 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Obstet Gynecol Int 2012:562704. 2012..Following Baby-Friendly hospital protocols and increasing self-efficacy for lactating women may be most effective in sustaining breastfeeding. Risks and benefits of various galactogogues are discussed...
- Maternal perceptions of partner support during breastfeedingCynthia A Mannion
University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada
Int Breastfeed J 8:4. 2013..We asked women about their perceptions of partner support during breastfeeding and measured the effect on maternal confidence, commitment, and satisfaction with respect to breastfeeding...
- Postpartum nurses' perceptions of barriers to screening for intimate partner violence: a cross-sectional surveyMargaret E Guillery
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
BMC Nurs 11:2. 2012....
- Components of an anticancer diet: dietary recommendations, restrictions and supplements of the Bill Henderson ProtocolCynthia Mannion
The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Nutrients 3:1-26. 2011..Consumers of this protocol may require guidance on the ability of this protocol to meet their individual nutritional needs...
- Lactating women restricting milk are low on select nutrientsCynthia A Mannion
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Nutr 26:149-55. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess nutrient adequacy for lactating women and compare their dietary intake, including supplements, between those who restrict milk and those who do not...
- Vitamin/mineral supplements and calcium-based antacids increase maternal calcium intakeCynthia A Mannion
University of Calgary, Faculty of Nursing, 2500 University Drive NW Calgary Alberta, T2N 1N4 Canada
J Am Coll Nutr 28:362-8. 2009..This study estimates the contributions of calcium-based antacids and vitamin/mineral supplements to maternal calcium intake...
- Association of low intake of milk and vitamin D during pregnancy with decreased birth weightCynthia A Mannion
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 174:1273-7. 2006..We hypothesized that maternal milk restriction during pregnancy, which can reduce intakes of protein, calcium, riboflavin and vitamin D, might represent a health risk by lowering infant birth weight...
- The impact of caesarean section on breastfeeding initiation, duration and difficulties in the first four months postpartumAmy J Hobbs
Cumming School of Medicine, Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, TRW Building 3rd Floor, 3280 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4Z6, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 16:90. 2016..Our study examined mode of delivery and breastfeeding initiation, duration, and difficulties reported by mothers at 4 months postpartum...
- The Influence of Back Pain and Urinary Incontinence on Daily Tasks of Mothers at 12 Months PostpartumCynthia A Mannion
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0129615. 2015....