Nathan J Kolla
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Epidemiology, risk factors, and psychopharmacological management of suicidal behavior in borderline personality disorderNathan J Kolla
University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Arch Suicide Res 12:1-19. 2008..Psychopharmacological interventions, including the use of antidepressants, anti-psychotics, and mood stabilizers, are considered in this review in terms of the evidence for their utility in reducing the risk of suicidal behavior in BPD...
- Demonstrating adherence to guidelines for the treatment of patients with borderline personality disorderNathan J Kolla
Resident, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 54:181-9. 2009....
- Desire for non-mutilative disability in a nonhomosexual, male-to-female transsexualNathan J Kolla
Law and Mental Health Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1R8, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 38:1057-63. 2009..Hypotheses are proposed for the development of this condition with special emphasis accorded to the significance of the preferred target disability...
- Effect of sildenafil on penile plethysmography responding: a pilot investigationNathan J Kolla
Law and Mental Health Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College St, Toronto, ON, M5T 1R8, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 39:1449-52. 2010..The implication of this result is discussed in view of the selected sample...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of sildenafil in phallometric testingNathan J Kolla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:502-11. 2010..These results support earlier findings that sildenafil significantly increases phallometric response among middle-aged males. Moreover, pharmacologic treatment did not compromise the reliability of phallometric diagnosis...
- IQ, handedness, and pedophilia in adult male patients stratified by referral sourceRay Blanchard
Law and Mental Health Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada
Sex Abuse 19:285-309. 2007..The findings were interpreted as evidence for the hypothesis that neurodevelopmental perturbations increase the risk of pedophilia in males...
- Association of ventral striatum monoamine oxidase-A binding and functional connectivity in antisocial personality disorder with high impulsivity: A positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging studyNathan J Kolla
CAMH Research Imaging Centre, Canada Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute, CAMH, Canada Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 26:777-86. 2016....
- Prospective risk factors for suicide attempts in a treated sample of patients with borderline personality disorderPaul S Links
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 58:99-106. 2013..There are some data to suggest that risk factors for suicide attempts change over time. We conducted a prospective cohort study to examine risk factors for suicide attempts in a treated sample of patients with BPD...
- Trait Anger, Physical Aggression, and Violent Offending in Antisocial and Borderline Personality DisordersNathan J Kolla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Forensic Sci . 2016..Application of validated, self-report personality measures could provide useful and easily accessible information to supplement clinical risk assessment of violence in these conditions...
- Disentangling possible effects of childhood physical abuse on gray matter changes in violent offenders with psychopathyNathan J Kolla
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Research Imaging Centre, 250 College Street, Room B26, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 1R8 Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 221:123-6. 2014..This study presents the first, albeit preliminary, evidence suggesting that some of the structural brain anomalies distinguishing violent offenders with psychopathy may result from physical abuse in childhood. ..
- Patient Characteristics by Type of Hypersexuality Referral: A Quantitative Chart Review of 115 Consecutive Male CasesKatherine S Sutton
a Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Sexual Behaviours Clinic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Sex Marital Ther 41:563-80. 2015..Future studies might apply purely empirical statistical techniques, such as cluster analyses, to ascertain to what extent similar typologies emerge when examined prospectively. ..
- Elevated Monoamine Oxidase-A Distribution Volume in Borderline Personality Disorder Is Associated With Severity Across Mood Symptoms, Suicidality, and CognitionNathan J Kolla
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Research Imaging Centre, Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 79:117-26. 2016..We hypothesized that MAO-A levels in PFC and ACC would be highest in severe BPD and would correlate with symptom magnitude...