Genomes and Genes
Tim Rasmus Kiehl
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Mice lacking the transcription factor Ikaros display behavioral alterations of an anti-depressive phenotypeTim Rasmus Kiehl
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Exp Neurol 211:107-14. 2008....
- Neuropathologic features in adults with 22q11.2 deletion syndromeT R Kiehl
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 19:153-64. 2009..Both early developmental brain abnormalities and fetal and later microvascular pathology may play a role in the pathogenesis of the neuropsychiatric phenotype of 22qDS, including white matter abnormalities and schizophrenia...
- Frequently asked questions concerning the use of whole-slide imaging telepathology for neuropathology frozen sectionsAndrew J Evans
Department of Pathology, Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Semin Diagn Pathol 27:160-6. 2010..The reader is directed to the recent literature for more detailed information on WSI as well as a complete description of our TP program...
- Metastatic coagulopathic subdural hematoma: A dismal prognosisKuriakose J George
Department of Neurosurgery, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Surg Neurol Int 3:60. 2012..Dural metastases have been found in about 8-9% of patients who died of cancer, in most autopsy series. Dural metastases presenting with chronic subdural hematoma are rare, with only about 55 cases reported in the literature...
- Creation of a retrospective searchable neuropathologic database from print archives at Toronto's University Health NetworkSepehr Ehsani
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Lab Invest 88:89-93. 2008..Categorization, verification, and consolidation were completed within 3 months and on a C$10 000 budget...
- Primary frozen section diagnosis by robotic microscopy and virtual slide telepathology: the University Health Network experienceAndrew J Evans
Department of Pathology Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Semin Diagn Pathol 26:165-76. 2009..In addition to its superior speed and image quality, the VS approach readily facilitates consultation with colleagues on difficult cases. As a result, there has been greater overall pathologist satisfaction with VS TP...
- Human neuropathological and animal model evidence supporting a role for Fas-mediated apoptosis and inflammation in cervical spondylotic myelopathyWen Ru Yu
Department of Pathology, Toronto Western Research Institute, Krembil Neuroscience Centre, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, and University of Toronto, Room 4W 449, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
Brain 134:1277-92. 2011..Our findings highlight the possibility of medical treatments for cervical spondylotic myelopathy that are complementary to surgical decompression...
- Generation and characterization of Sca2 (ataxin-2) knockout miceTim Rasmus Kiehl
Rose Moss Laboratory for Parkinson and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:17-24. 2006..Our results demonstrate that ataxin-2, although widely expressed, is not essential in development or during adult survival in the mouse, but leads to adult-onset obesity...