Derek J Jonker
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Cetuximab for the treatment of colorectal cancerDerek J Jonker
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 357:2040-8. 2007..Cetuximab, an IgG1 chimeric monoclonal antibody against epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), has activity against colorectal cancers that express EGFR...
- A phase I study to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a dual VEGFR and FGFR inhibitor, brivanib, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumorsD J Jonker
Division of Medical Oncology, Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Ann Oncol 22:1413-9. 2011..This study was designed to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of brivanib in patients with advanced/metastatic solid tumors...
- Adjuvant systemic chemotherapy for Stage II and III colon cancer after complete resection: an updated practice guidelineD J Jonker
Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 23:314-22. 2011....
- Quality of life in patients with K-RAS wild-type colorectal cancer: the CO.20 phase 3 randomized trialJolie Ringash
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 120:181-9. 2014..The CO.20 trial randomized patients with K-RAS wild-type, chemotherapy-refractory, metastatic colorectal cancer to receive cetuximab (CET) plus brivanib alaninate (BRIV) or CET plus placebo (CET/placebo)...
- Quality of life (QoL) assessment in patients (pts) with K-RAS wild-type (WT) chemotherapy refractory metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) treated with cetuximab (CET) plus brivanib alaninate (BRIV) or placebo: Results of the NCIC Clinical Trials Group and Jolie Ringash
Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, AB, Canada Cabrini Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne, Australia The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia Monash Medical Centre, East Bentleigh, Australia University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada St John of God Hospital, Subiaco, Australia Allan Blair Cancer Center, Saskatoon, SK, Canada Townsville Cancer Centre and James Cook University, Townsville, Australia Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada Nepean Cancer Care Centre, Penrith, Australia NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Camperdown, Australia Bristol Myers Squibb, Wallingford, CT NCIC Clinical Trials Group, Kingston
J Clin Oncol 30:542. 2012..Although overall survival (primary endpoint) was not significantly improved (HR=0.88, p=0.12) in this heavily pre-treated population, progression free survival (PFS) favoured Arm A (HR=0.72 p<0.0001)...
- Phase III randomized, placebo-controlled study of cetuximab plus brivanib alaninate versus cetuximab plus placebo in patients with metastatic, chemotherapy-refractory, wild-type K-RAS colorectal carcinoma: the NCIC Clinical Trials Group and AGITG CO.20 TrLillian L Siu
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Clin Oncol 31:2477-84. 2013..The addition of brivanib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and fibroblast growth factor receptor, to cetuximab has shown encouraging early clinical activity...
- Prospective cost-effectiveness analysis of cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancer: evaluation of National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group CO.17 trialNicole Mittmann
Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics Research Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1182-92. 2009..17 study who received cetuximab plus best supportive care (N = 283) or best supportive care alone (N = 274)...
- Phase I clinical trial of Exherin (ADH-1) in patients with advanced solid tumorsNirit Yarom
Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Curr Clin Pharmacol 8:81-8. 2013..This study was designed to assess the toxicity of ADH-1 and to determine the maximal tolerated dose (MTD)...
- Phase III randomized trial of cetuximab (CET) plus either brivanib alaninate (BRIV) or placebo in patients (pts) with metastatic (MET) chemotherapy refractory K-RAS wild-type (WT) colorectal carcinoma (CRC): The NCIC Clinical Trials Group and AGITG CO.20 Lillian L Siu
Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Cabrini Hospital and Monash University, Melbourne, Australia The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia CHUQ Pavillon Hotel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec City, QC, Canada The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, Australia Dr H Bliss Murphy Cancer Centre, St John s, NF, Canada Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Australia Centre hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada St George Hospital and University of New South Wales, Kogarah, Australia Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, AB, Canada Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia NCIC Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, ON, Canada Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia Bristol Myers Squibb, Wallingford, Department of Medicine
J Clin Oncol 30:386. 2012..The addition of BRIV, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting vascular endothelial and fibroblast growth factor receptors (VEGFR/FGFR), to CET has shown encouraging activity in an early phase clinical trial...
- A phase II, multicenter study of cetuximab monotherapy in patients with refractory, metastatic colorectal carcinoma with absent epidermal growth factor receptor immunostainingRafal Wierzbicki
Durham Regional Cancer Centre, 1 Hospital Court, Oshawa, ON, L1G 2B9, Canada
Invest New Drugs 29:167-74. 2011..To determine antitumor activity of cetuximab monotherapy in patients with refractory metastatic colorectal carcinoma (mCRC) with lack of specific membrane immunostaining for the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)...
- Stage-dependent differential expression of microRNAs in colorectal cancer: potential role as markers of metastatic diseaseMichael M Vickers
Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:123-32. 2012..We have further found that an analysis of these five miRs expression levels in primary tumors significantly correlates with the presence of metastatic disease, making this a potential clinically useful prognostic tool...
- A Phase I study of olaparib and irinotecan in patients with colorectal cancer: Canadian Cancer Trials Group IND 187Eric X Chen
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network, Room 5 719, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5G 2 M9
Invest New Drugs 34:450-7. 2016..Both olaparib and irinotecan required significant dose reductions. The lack of anti-tumor efficacy observed in this trial makes this combination of little interest for further clinical development. Trial Registration ID NCT00535353. ..
- IXOA regimen, irinotecan (I), capecitabine (X), oxaliplatin (O), and bevacizumab (A), as first-line therapy for advanced unresectable colorectal cancer (aCRC): Preliminary resultsJean Alfred Maroun
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:604. 2012..604 Background: IXO showed acceptable toxicities and promising efficacy in a phase I/II study as 1st-line therapy for aCRC patients (pts). Combination with A might enhance the efficacy of IXO treatment...
- ADH-1 in the treatment of metastatic adrenocortical carcinoma--case reportNirit Yarom
The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Anticancer Res 31:3921-5. 2011..This observation merits consideration for prospectively evaluating the efficacy of ADH-1 in patients with cortisol secreting ACC that over express N-cadherin...
- Colorectal cancer (CRC) KRAS mutational status and response to chemotherapy in absence of influence of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibody (MAb) therapyNirit Yarom
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:504. 2012..504 Background: KRAS mutations (MUT), present in ~40% of CRC, predict benefit from EGFR MAb treatment. The effect of mutation status on benefit from chemotherapy alone is less clear...
- Chemotherapy regimens for advanced pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and network meta-analysisGillian K Gresham
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMC Cancer 14:471. 2014..We therefore conducted a systematic review and Bayesian network meta-analysis to assess the comparative safety and efficacy of chemotherapy regimens for the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer...
- Impact of patient selection, disease progression, and adverse events on esophageal cancer outcomes after trimodality therapySebastien Gilbert
Division of Thoracic Surgery, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 94:1659-66. 2012..Neoadjuvant chemoradiation followed by surgery (NeoCRT) has been advocated as standard therapy for resectable esophageal cancer. Our objective was to compare oncologic outcomes between NeoCRT and upfront surgical resection (SURG)...
- The role of the epidermal growth factor receptor in the mechanism and treatment of colorectal cancerNirit Yarom
Department of Medical Oncology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada
Discov Med 11:95-105. 2011..The anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies and their predictive biomarkers have taken colon cancer treatment another step closer towards the goal of tailored cancer therapy...
- K-ras mutations and benefit from cetuximab in advanced colorectal cancerChristos S Karapetis
Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
N Engl J Med 359:1757-65. 2008..The mutation status of the K-ras gene in the tumor may affect the response to cetuximab and have treatment-independent prognostic value...