M E Jenkins
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Plantar cutaneous sensory stimulation improves single-limb support time, and EMG activation patterns among individuals with Parkinson's diseaseM E Jenkins
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:697-702. 2009..This also provides support for the role of facilitation of the sensory system in improving motor output in individuals with Parkinson's disease...
- Predictive validity of the UPDRS postural stability score and the Functional Reach Test, when compared with ecologically valid reaching tasksM E Jenkins
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 16:409-11. 2010..This study suggests that the FRT score may better predict the risk of postural instability encountered during daily activities among individuals with PD...
- The effects of word length, articulation, oral-motor movement, and lexicality on gait: a pilot studyK L Davie
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
Gait Posture 35:691-3. 2012..The results of this systematic deconstruction of a simple verbal task suggest that the motor component of a secondary speech task may produce the largest amount of interference within a dual-task interference paradigm...
- An Examination of the Reliability and Factor Structure of the Physical Activity Scale for Individuals With Physical Disabilities (PASIPD) Among Individuals Living With Parkinson's DiseaseJ Jimenez-Pardo
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Aging Phys Act 23:391-4. 2015..These results suggest that the PASIPD may be useful for monitoring physical activity involvement among individuals with PD, particularly within large-scale questionnaire-based studies. ..
- Enhancing the conceptual clarity and utility of the international classification of functioning, disability & health: the potential of a new graphic representationM J Ravenek
The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Disabil Rehabil 35:1015-25. 2013....
- Dual-task interference: the effects of verbal cognitive tasks on upright postural stability in Parkinson's diseaseJ D Holmes
School of Occupational Therapy, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6G 1H1
Parkinsons Dis 2010:696492. 2010..Ironically, this overconstraint may place the participant at greater risk for a fall...
- Upper Extremity Motor Learning among Individuals with Parkinson's Disease: A Meta-Analysis Evaluating Movement Time in Simple TasksK Felix
Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 3K7
Parkinsons Dis 2012:589152. 2012..These results support the findings that the practice of upper extremity reaching tasks is beneficial in reducing movement time in persons with PD and has important implications for rehabilitation...