Jean Daniel Jacob
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Working under threat: fear and nurse-patient interactions in a forensic psychiatric settingJean Daniel Jacob
Assistant Professor, Ontario, Canada Full Professor, University of Ottawa Faculty of Health Sciences School of Nursing Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Forensic Nurs 7:68-77. 2011..However, exposure to the patient's criminal history fostered negative reactions on the nurses' part, which impede nursing work...
- Humanism in forensic psychiatry: the use of the tidal nursing modelJean Daniel Jacob
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nurs Inq 15:224-30. 2008..Viewed from this perspective, it is clear that humanistic philosophy and its subsequent models of care are in discordance with the highly specialized field of forensic nursing...
- Total control: a critical analysis of mandatory HIV testing in U.S. prisonsMarilou Gagnon
1Assistant Professors, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada, and 2Research Assistant, University Research Chair in Forensic Nursing, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada
J Forensic Nurs 9:154-61. 2013..And lastly, we provide a brief discussion on the implications of mandatory HIV testing (as a method of HIV testing) from a nursing perspective. ..
- The rhetoric of therapy in forensic psychiatric nursingJean Daniel Jacob
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Forensic Nurs 8:178-87. 2012..Lastly, the fourth section provides a critique of disciplinary interventions in forensic psychiatric nursing, as it is explained by the participants...
- Expanding our understanding of sovereign power: on the creation of zones of exception in forensic psychiatryJean Daniel Jacob
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Nurs Philos 14:178-85. 2013..We argue that ethical and political discussions regarding this phenomenon are necessary if we wish to further understand the complexities of this field of practice and promote constructive change...
- Nursing so-called monsters: on the importance of abjection and fear in forensic psychiatric nursingJean Daniel Jacob
SSHRC Doctoral Fellow, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Forensic Nurs 5:153-61. 2009....