Affiliation: University of Toronto
- User-centered design and the development of patient decision aids: protocol for a systematic reviewHolly O Witteman
Office of Education and Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Pavillon Ferdinand Vandry 2881, Quebec City, QC G1V 0A6, Canada
Syst Rev 4:11. 2015....
- Growing literature, stagnant science? Systematic review, meta-regression and cumulative analysis of audit and feedback interventions in health careNoah M Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre and Institute for Health Systems Solutions and Virtual Care, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 29:1534-41. 2014....
- "My approach to this job is...one person at a time": Perceived discordance between population-level quality targets and patient-centred careNoah Ivers
Women s College Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine, 77 Grenville St, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5S 1B3
Can Fam Physician 60:258-66. 2014..To understand the usefulness of audit and feedback among family physicians and examine the barriers to using it to improve quality of care...
- Feedback GAP: pragmatic, cluster-randomized trial of goal setting and action plans to increase the effectiveness of audit and feedback interventions in primary careNoah M Ivers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON M5S 1B2, Canada
Implement Sci 8:142. 2013..This trial tested the effects of a theory-informed worksheet to facilitate goal setting and action planning, appended to feedback reports on chronic disease management, compared to feedback reports provided without these worksheets...
- Length of initial prescription at hospital discharge and long-term medication adherence for elderly patients with coronary artery disease: a population-level studyNoah M Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 29:1408-14. 2013..Patient adherence to cardiac secondary prevention medications declines over time. We examined whether the length of the initial prescription at hospital discharge after coronary angiography would be associated with long-term adherence...
- A systematic review of the use of theory in randomized controlled trials of audit and feedbackHeather L Colquhoun
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Clinical Epidemiology Program, The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Centre for Practice Changing Research, Box 201B, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Implement Sci 8:66. 2013..Examining the extent of theory use in studies of audit and feedback will yield better understanding of the causal pathways of audit and feedback effectiveness and inform efforts to optimize this important intervention...
- Delayed educational reminders for long-term medication adherence in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (DERLA-STEMI): protocol for a pragmatic, cluster-randomized controlled trialNoah M Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre, Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Ave Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Implement Sci 7:54. 2012..Discontinuation of cardiac medications in such patients is associated with increased mortality...
- Allocation techniques for balance at baseline in cluster randomized trials: a methodological reviewNoah M Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre, Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON, M5S1B2, Canada
Trials 13:120. 2012....
- Diabetes screening with hemoglobin A1c prior to a change in guideline recommendations: prevalence and patient characteristicsMichelle Greiver
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 12:91. 2011....
- Feedback GAP: study protocol for a cluster-randomized trial of goal setting and action plans to increase the effectiveness of audit and feedback interventions in primary careNoah M Ivers
Women s College Hospital Family Health Team, 76 Grenville Street, Toronto ON, M5 S 1B2, Canada
Implement Sci 5:98. 2010..abstract:..
- Impact of CONSORT extension for cluster randomised trials on quality of reporting and study methodology: review of random sample of 300 trials, 2000-8N M Ivers
Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1B2
BMJ 343:d5886. 2011..To assess the impact of the 2004 extension of the CONSORT guidelines on the reporting and methodological quality of cluster randomised trials...
- A comparison of hospital and nonhospital colonoscopy: wait times, fees and guideline adherence to follow-up intervalNoah Ivers
Family Practice Health Centre, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Gastroenterol 25:78-82. 2011..Although colonoscopy is increasingly performed in nonhospital facilities, studies to date examining differences between colonoscopy services in hospital and nonhospital settings have been limited, in large part, to administrative databases...
- Access to rheumatologists among patients with newly diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis in a Canadian universal public healthcare systemJessica Widdifield
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMJ Open 4:e003888. 2014....
- Audit and feedback: effects on professional practice and healthcare outcomesNoah Ivers
Department of Family Medicine, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Canada 2Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services, Oslo
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 6:CD000259. 2012....
- An administrative data validation study of the accuracy of algorithms for identifying rheumatoid arthritis: the influence of the reference standard on algorithm performanceJessica Widdifield
University of Toronto, Toronto, 200 Elizabeth St 13EN 224, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:216. 2014..Here we reassessed the accuracy of the algorithms using primary care records as the reference standard...
- A validation study of administrative data algorithms to identify patients with parkinsonism with prevalence and incidence trendsDebra A Butt
Research Institute, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Neuroepidemiology 43:28-37. 2014..This reduces their use for health services planning. The purpose of this study was to validate algorithms for the case ascertainment of PKM from administrative databases using primary care patients as the reference standard...
- Systematic review and critical appraisal of validation studies to identify rheumatic diseases in health administrative databasesJessica Widdifield
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:1490-503. 2013..To evaluate the quality of the methods and reporting of published studies that validate administrative database algorithms for rheumatic disease case ascertainment...
- Designing and evaluating an interprofessional shared decision-making and goal-setting decision aid for patients with diabetes in clinical care--systematic decision aid development and study protocolCatherine H Yu
Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Implement Sci 9:16. 2014..Furthermore, incorporating interprofessional integration into practice may overcome barriers to implementation. However, these strategies have not been taken up extensively in clinical practice...
- Identifying patients with ischemic heart disease in an electronic medical recordNoah Ivers
Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Prim Care Community Health 2:49-53. 2011..Achieving this goal requires the development of accurate patient-disease registries. This study aimed to develop and validate an algorithm for identifying patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD) within the EMR...