Geoffrey G Hicks
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- ALS-associated FUS mutations result in compromised FUS alternative splicing and autoregulationYueqin Zhou
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Regenerative Medicine Program, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PLoS Genet 9:e1003895. 2013..Taken together, FUS autoregulation by alternative splicing provides insight into a molecular mechanism by which FUS-regulated pre-mRNA processing can impact a significant number of targets important to neurodegeneration. ..
- A generalizable pre-clinical research approach for orphan disease therapyChandree L Beaulieu
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:39. 2012..In addition to enabling academic pre-clinical research, strategies such as this may also aid in seeding startup companies, as well as further engaging the pharmaceutical industry in the treatment of rare genetic disease...
- Fus deficiency in mice results in defective B-lymphocyte development and activation, high levels of chromosomal instability and perinatal deathG G Hicks
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology and the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Nat Genet 24:175-9. 2000..The involvement of a nuclear riboprotein in these processes in vivo indicates that Fus is important in genome maintenance...
- Cells deficient in oxidative DNA damage repair genes Myh and Ogg1 are sensitive to oxidants with increased G2/M arrest and multinucleationYali Xie
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0W9, Canada
Carcinogenesis 29:722-8. 2008..Thus, under oxidative stress, Myh and Ogg1 are likely required for normal cell-cycle progression and nuclear division, suggesting multiple roles of Myh and Ogg1 in the maintenance of genome stability and tumor prevention...
- Identification and characterization of Dlc1 isoforms in the mouse and study of the biological function of a single gene trapped isoformMohammad G Sabbir
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, CancerCare Manitoba, 675 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3E 0V9, Canada
BMC Biol 8:17. 2010..In addition, we have generated a gene trapped mouse that targets one of these isoforms in order to study its biological function. The effect of this gene trap insertion on the splicing of other isoforms has also been studied...