Kevin C Harris
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Economic evaluation of palivizumab in children with congenital heart disease: a Canadian perspectiveKevin C Harris
Children s Heart Centre, Division of Cardiology, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Cardiol 27:523.e11-5. 2011..We sought to assess cost savings and cost-effectiveness of palivizumab in children < 2 years old with hemodynamically significant CHD in a provincially administered RSV prophylaxis program...
- Hypertension Canada's 2016 Canadian Hypertension Education Program Guidelines for Blood Pressure Measurement, Diagnosis, and Assessment of Risk of Pediatric HypertensionKevin C Harris
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 32:589-97. 2016..Hypertension Canada's Canadian Hypertension Education Program Guidelines Task Force will update the recommendations annually and develop future evidence-based recommendations to guide prevention and treatment of pediatric hypertension. ..
- Should early extubation be the goal for children after congenital cardiac surgery?Kevin C Harris
Division of Cardiology, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 148:2642-7. 2014..We sought to determine the feasibility and assess the clinical outcomes associated with an early extubation strategy for all children undergoing congenital heart surgery, including neonates (age, <30 days)...
- Feasibility of optical coherence tomography in children with Kawasaki disease and pediatric heart transplant recipientsKevin C Harris
From the Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics K C H, A M, A D S, J E P, M C K H and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine A Y F, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH H G B
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 7:671-8. 2014..We tested the hypothesis that OCT could identify coronary abnormalities not seen by angiography in children with a history of Kawasaki disease (KD) and pediatric heart transplant (TX) recipients...
- Biophysical properties of the aorta and left ventricle and exercise capacity in obese childrenKevin C Harris
Children s Heart Centre, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Cardiol 110:897-901. 2012..Obese children also had an increased LV mass, altered diastolic properties, and an abnormal exercise capacity. PWV might be useful in monitoring the progression of arterial disease or the effect of therapeutic interventions...
- Effect of school-based physical activity interventions on body mass index in children: a meta-analysisKevin C Harris
Department of Pediatrics, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 180:719-26. 2009..We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to determine the effect of school-based physical activity interventions on body mass index (BMI) in children...
- Thrombosis of a mechanical mitral valveKevin Christopher Harris
BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 365:e45. 2011..On examination, she had tachypnea, a heart rate of 130 bpm, and oxygen saturation of 85 to 87% while breathing ambient air...
- Hypertension Canada's 2016 Canadian Hypertension Education Program Guidelines for Blood Pressure Measurement, Diagnosis, Assessment of Risk, Prevention, and Treatment of HypertensionAlexander A Leung
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 32:569-88. 2016..The specific evidence and rationale underlying each of these recommendations are discussed. Hypertension Canada's Canadian Hypertension Education Program Guidelines Task Force will continue to provide annual updates. ..
- Obesity and arterial stiffness in children: systematic review and meta-analysisAnita T Cote
From the Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, and Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada A T C, K C H, G G S S, C P, A M D and Centre for Heart, Lung, and Vascular Health, Faculty of Health and Social Development, University of British Columbia, Kelowna, Canada A A P
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 35:1038-44. 2015..The objective of this study is to systematically review the literature and to conduct a meta-analysis comparing measures of central arterial stiffness in children and adolescents with obesity to healthy body mass index controls...
- Childhood obesity and cardiovascular dysfunctionAnita T Cote
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 62:1309-19. 2013....
- The 2015 Canadian Hypertension Education Program recommendations for blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, prevention, and treatment of hypertensionStella S Daskalopoulou
Divisions of General Internal Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology and Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, McGill University, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 31:549-68. 2015..The rationale for these recommendation changes is discussed. ..
- Right ventricular outflow tract tachycardia in childrenKevin C Harris
BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Pediatr 149:822-826. 2006..To assess the clinical spectrum of right ventricular outflow tract tachycardia and its management in children...
- Outcomes of Radiofrequency Perforation for Pulmonary Atresia and Intact Ventricular Septum: A Single-Centre ExperienceSteven Rathgeber
Children s Heart Center, British Columbia Children s Hospital and the University of British Columbia, 1F27 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3V4, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol . 2016..RFP is a safe primary therapy for PAIVS. With appropriate patient selection, RFP will often result in a biventricular circulation. Both the TV/MV and TV z-score were found to be a predictor of a biventricular outcome in our cohort...
- Hybrid stenting for left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesSteven L Rathgeber
1Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cardiol Young . 2016..The patient underwent a hybrid procedure to stent the left ventricular outflow tract, which was successful with no re-intervention through 3 years of follow-up...