Mark G Hamilton
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Determination of the methylation status of MGMT in different regions within glioblastoma multiformeMark G Hamilton
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Foothills Hospital 12th Floor 1403 29 ST NW 1195, Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9, Canada
J Neurooncol 102:255-60. 2011..Although the reason for this is unclear, we postulate that the timing from resection to fixation or the process of fixation itself may potentially alter methylation status in paraffin-embedded tumors...
- Syndrome of inappropriately low-pressure acute hydrocephalus (SILPAH)Mark G Hamilton
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Acta Neurochir Suppl 113:155-9. 2012..Most patients with acute hydrocephalus have ventriculomegaly and high intracranial pressure (ICP). However, there is a subset of patients who are symptomatic with acute ventriculomegaly and inappropriately low ICP...
- Treatment of hydrocephalus in adultsMark G Hamilton
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Semin Pediatr Neurol 16:34-41. 2009....
- Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in patients undergoing cranial neurosurgery: a systematic review and meta-analysisMark G Hamilton
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Foothills Hospital, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neurosurgery 68:571-81. 2011..The tradeoff between benefit and bleeding risk, however, has not been adequately characterized...
- Myxoma virus virotherapy for glioma in immunocompetent animal models: optimizing administration routes and synergy with rapamycinXueqing Lun
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Cancer Res 70:598-608. 2010..Our findings define a method to improve MYXV efficacy against gliomas by rapamycin coadministration, which acts to promote immune responses engaged by viral delivery...
- Treating brain tumor-initiating cells using a combination of myxoma virus and rapamycinFranz J Zemp
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, Calgary, Canada
Neuro Oncol 15:904-20. 2013..In this study, we investigate the oncolytic potential of myxoma virus (MYXV) alone and in combination with rapamycin in vitro and in vivo using human brain tumor-initiating cells (BTICs)...
- Use of peri-operative anti-epileptic drugs in patients with newly diagnosed high grade malignant glioma: a single center experienceShelly Lwu
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Neurooncol 96:403-8. 2010..Increased awareness of practice guidelines may help modify AED prescription patterns in malignant glioma patients...
- Population-based study of pseudoprogression after chemoradiotherapy in GBMGloria B Roldán
Department of Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Alberta Cancer Board, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 36:617-22. 2009..Little is known about the natural history of radiographic pseudoprogression...
- Anesthesia can be safely provided for children in a high-field intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging environmentRobin G Cox
Department of Anesthesia, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Paediatr Anaesth 21:454-8. 2011....
- The p75 neurotrophin receptor is a central regulator of glioma invasionAngela L M Johnston
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS Biol 5:e212. 2007..These results provide the first evidence for p75(NTR) as a major contributor to the highly invasive nature of malignant gliomas and identify a novel therapeutic target...
- Endoscopic versus microsurgical resection of third ventricle colloid cystsRon T Grondin
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Division of Neurosurgery, University of Calgary, Foothills Hospital, Alberta, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 34:197-207. 2007..In this study, we present the largest series of endoscopic resections published to date and compare outcomes to a cohort of microsurgical resections performed at the same institution...
- Population based analysis ependymoma patients in alberta from 1975 to 2007Gloria B Roldán Urgoiti
1Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 41:742-7. 2014....
- Application of intraoperative high-field magnetic resonance imaging in pediatric neurosurgeryRon Levy
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurosurg Pediatr 4:467-74. 2009..5-T iMR imaging unit with integrated neuronavigation with the goal of identifying procedures and/or pathologies in which the application of this technology changed the course of surgery or modified the operative strategy...
- Management of a locked Strata valveKelly J Bullivant
Division of Neurosurgery, Foothills Medical Centre and Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurosurg Pediatr 3:340-3. 2009..A known but rare complication of the Strata valve is that the rotor can become locked, causing shunt malfunction. This complication can only occur in a first generation Strata valve...
- Myxoma virus is a novel oncolytic virus with significant antitumor activity against experimental human gliomasXueqing Lun
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, and Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cancer Res 65:9982-90. 2005....
- Anterograde ventricular irrigation during fourth ventricle region surgeryIan G Fleetwood
Division of Neurosurgery, Dalhousie University, Department of Surgery, Halifax Infirmary, Halifax, NS, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 32:57-60. 2005....