S S Halli
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- Migration and HIV transmission in rural South India: an ethnographic studyShiva S Halli
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Cult Health Sex 9:85-94. 2007..More innovative HIV prevention programmes which take into account the social and cultural characteristics of this region are urgently needed to curtail the rapid development of the epidemic...
- High-risk sex among mobile female sex workers in the context of jatras (religious festivals) in Karnataka, IndiaS S Halli
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J STD AIDS 21:746-51. 2010..Condom availability and accessibility at jatras should be a priority for HIV prevention programmes, and such programmes should make efforts to introduce outreach activities at jatras...
- The role of collectives in STI and HIV/AIDS prevention among female sex workers in Karnataka, IndiaS S Halli
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
AIDS Care 18:739-49. 2006..More longitudinal and qualitative studies are required to better understand the nature of sex worker collectives and the benefits that they can provide...
- Double jeopardy?: Violence against immigrant women in CanadaDouglas A Brownridge
Department of Family Studies, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Violence Vict 17:455-71. 2002..Implications for future research are identified...
- Assessing HIV risk in workplaces for prioritizing HIV preventive interventions in Karnataka State, IndiaShiva S Halli
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, 750 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 36:556-63. 2009..To develop a model for prioritizing economic sectors for HIV preventive intervention programs in the workplace...