Celia M T Greenwood
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Identifying cis- and trans-acting single-nucleotide polymorphisms controlling lymphocyte gene expression in humansPingzhao Hu
Program in Genetics and Genome Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 15 706 TMDT, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L7, Canada
BMC Proc 1:S7. 2007....
- Evidence of linkage to chromosome 1 for early age of onset of rheumatoid arthritis and HLA marker DRB1 genotype in NARAC dataWei Xu
Department of Biostatistics, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, 610 University Avenue, Room 15 507, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
BMC Proc 1:S78. 2007..These results suggest possible gene x gene and gene x environment interactions at chromosome 1 loci and provide directions for further gene mapping...
- VEGF, FGF1, FGF2 and EGF gene polymorphisms and psoriatic arthritisChristopher Butt
Discipline of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:1. 2007..As these diseases share common susceptibility associations with PsA, investigation of these angiogenic factors is warranted...
- Association of functional variants of PTPN22 and tp53 in psoriatic arthritis: a case-control studyChristopher Butt
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Hospital for Sick Children, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R27. 2006..Because of the conflicting findings reported regarding the association of PTPN22 with PsA, further studies in other PsA populations are warranted...
- Optimal selection of markers for validation or replication from genome-wide association studiesCelia M T Greenwood
Genetics and Genome Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genet Epidemiol 31:396-407. 2007....
- Efficient p-value estimation in massively parallel testing problemsRafal Kustra
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biostatistics 9:601-12. 2008..The results show enormous computational savings as compared to evaluating a full set of permutations, with little decrease in accuracy...
- A hierarchical clustering method for estimating copy number variationBaifang Xing
Genetics and Genome Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biostatistics 8:632-53. 2007..A simulation study shows good performance in change-point detection, and cancer cell line data are used to illustrate performance when regions of true copy number changes are known...
- Linkage and association analysis in pedigrees from different populationsJoseph Beyene
Program in Population Health Sciences, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
BMC Genet 6:S59. 2005..However, when results are interpreted in the light of a random effects model, both studies may be making similar statements about a genetic effect that varies depending on environment and background...
- Tests for differential gene expression using weights in oligonucleotide microarray experimentsPingzhao Hu
Program in Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 15 706 TMDT, Toronto, ON, M5G 1L7, Canada
BMC Genomics 7:33. 2006....
- A genome-wide linkage study of mammographic density, a risk factor for breast cancerCelia M T Greenwood
Program in Genetics and Genome Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 101 College Street, East Tower, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 13:R132. 2011..Mammographic breast density is a highly heritable (h2 > 0.6) and strong risk factor for breast cancer. We conducted a genome-wide linkage study to identify loci influencing mammographic breast density (MD)...
- Using the ratio of means as the effect size measure in combining results of microarray experimentsPingzhao Hu
The Centre for Applied Genomics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Syst Biol 3:106. 2009..Moreover, it is widely known that the estimated standard deviations are probably unstable in the commonly used effect size measures (such as standardized mean difference) when sample sizes in each group are small...
- Genome-wide association scan identifies a colorectal cancer susceptibility locus on chromosome 8q24Brent W Zanke
Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
Nat Genet 39:989-94. 2007..i.): 1.07-1.26; P = 5.05 x 10(-4)). A summary across all seven studies at the 8q24 locus was highly significant (OR = 1.17, c.i.: 1.12-1.23; P = 3.16 x 10(-11)). This locus has also been implicated in prostate cancer...
- High resolution mapping in the major histocompatibility complex region identifies multiple independent novel loci for psoriatic arthritisProton Rahman
Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Research Institute, Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst Street, 1E 410B, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 70:690-4. 2011..The study primary objective was to identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) independent of known human leucocyte antigen (HLA) alleles within the MHC region that are associated with PsA using a high-density SNP map...
- Recursive partitioning models for linkage in COGA dataWei Xu
Genetics and Genomic Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Genet 6:S38. 2005..However, using the RP model, several suggestive regions were found on chromosomes 2, 4, 6, 14, and 20, with detection of associated covariates such as sex and age at onset...
- How old is this mutation? - a study of three Ashkenazi Jewish founder mutationsCelia M T Greenwood
Genetics and Genome Biology, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Genet 11:39. 2010..1996), and modified slightly by our group. The three mutations analyzed were MSH2*1906 G->C, APC*I1307K, and BRCA2*6174delT...
- Microarray meta-analysis identifies acute lung injury biomarkers in donor lungs that predict development of primary graft failure in recipientsPingzhao Hu
The Centre for Applied Genomics, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e45506. 2012..To perform a meta-analysis of gene expression microarray data from animal studies of lung injury, and to identify an injury-specific gene expression signature capable of predicting the development of lung injury in humans...
- Model-free linkage analysis of a binary traitWei Xu
Department of Biostatistics, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 850:317-45. 2012..In Subheading 2, we work through the methods on a rich example providing sample software code and output. Subheading 3 contains notes with additional details on various topics that may need further consideration during analysis...
- Integrative analysis of multiple gene expression profiles with quality-adjusted effect size modelsPingzhao Hu
The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 555 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 6:128. 2005..The challenge, however, is in designing and implementing efficient analytic methodologies for combination of data generated by different research groups...
- Integrative analysis of gene expression data including an assessment of pathway enrichment for predicting prostate cancerPingzhao Hu
Program in Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 15 706 TMDT, 101 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 1L7, Canada
Cancer Inform 2:289-300. 2007..This targeted approach can be helpful for revealing information that is not easily visible from the changes in the individual genes...
- Regression models for allele sharing: analysis of accumulating data in affected sib pair studiesShelley B Bull
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute of Mount Sinai Hospital and Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto Suite 850, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Stat Med 21:431-44. 2002..We also discuss how some of the concepts of group sequential analysis apply to accumulating data from genome scans of complex disease...
- A genome scan for parent-of-origin linkage effects in alcoholismXiao Qing Liu
Program in Genetics and Genomic Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Genet 6:S160. 2005..Alcoholism is a complex disease in which genomic imprinting may play an important role in its susceptibility...
- Reduced proportions of natural killer T cells are present in the relatives of lupus patients and are associated with autoimmunityJoan Wither
Arthritis Centre of Excellence, Division of Genetics and Development, Toronto Western Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R108. 2008..Here, we used flow cytometry to investigate whether some of the immune abnormalities that are seen in the peripheral blood lymphocyte population of lupus patients are seen in their first-degree relatives...
- Breast and ovarian cancer: the forgotten paternal contributionJeanna M McCuaig
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
J Genet Couns 20:442-9. 2011..No significant difference was seen between the type of referrals sent by general practitioners, oncologists, and gynecologists. Recommendations to increase the awareness of paternal family history in assessing cancer risk are provided...
- Genome-wide association scan identifies a colorectal cancer susceptibility locus on 11q23 and replicates risk loci at 8q24 and 18q21Albert Tenesa
Colon Cancer Genetics Group, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh and MRC Human Genetics Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Nat Genet 40:631-7. 2008..008) and rs4939827 (P < 0.009). Carrying all six possible risk alleles yielded OR = 2.6 (95% CI = 1.75-3.89) for CRC. These findings extend our understanding of the role of common genetic variation in CRC etiology...
- Haplotype inference using a Bayesian Hidden Markov modelShuying Sun
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:937-48. 2007..Our haplotype reconstruction method does not require division of the markers into small blocks of loci. The recombination rates inferred from our model can help to predict haplotype block boundaries, and estimate recombination hotspots...
- Mapping cis-acting regulatory variation in recombinant congenic strainsPeter D Lee
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Physiol Genomics 25:294-302. 2006..We propose the use of this integrated experimental approach in multiple tissues from this and other RCS panels as a means for genome-wide cataloging of genetic regulatory mechanisms in laboratory strains of mice...
- Corrections to the parameterization of constraints on allele sharing in sibling pairs alter covariate-parameter estimates but not sharing-probability estimates or power of tests for linkageCelia M T Greenwood
Am J Hum Genet 76:187-9. 2005
- Inheritance patterns of maternal alleles in imprinted regions of the mouse genome at different stages of developmentSylvie Croteau
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Women s Pavilion, F3 36, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, QC, Canada, H3A 1A1
Mamm Genome 13:24-9. 2002..The absence of grandparental origin-dependent TRD for maternal Chr 6 and 7 implies that the relationship between TRD and imprinting is complex. Most likely, multiple conditions are required for TRD to occur...