Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Developing team leadership to facilitate guideline utilization: planning and evaluating a 3-month intervention strategyWendy Gifford
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Ottawa, Canada
J Nurs Manag 19:121-32. 2011..Research describes leadership as important to guideline use. Yet interventions to develop current and future leaders for this purpose are not well understood...
- Managerial leadership for research use in nursing and allied health care professions: a narrative synthesis protocolWendy A Gifford
The University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, K1H 8M5 Ottawa, ON, Canada
Syst Rev 3:57. 2014....
- Multi-level barriers analysis to promote guideline based nursing care: a leadership strategy from home health careWendy A Gifford
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Manag 21:762-70. 2013..Understanding the types of barriers that exist when implementing change can assist healthcare managers to tailor implementation strategies for optimal patient outcomes...
- Correctional nursing: a study protocol to develop an educational intervention to optimize nursing practice in a unique contextJoan Almost
School of Nursing, Queen s University, 92 Barrie Street, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6, Canada
Implement Sci 8:71. 2013..The purpose of the proposed study is to develop an educational intervention for correctional nurses to support the provision of evidence-informed care...
- Developing leadership capacity for guideline use: a pilot cluster randomized control trialWendy A Gifford
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 10:51-65. 2013..The importance of leadership to influence nurses' use of clinical guidelines has been well documented. However, little is known about how to develop and evaluate leadership interventions for guideline use...
- Factors influencing best-practice guideline implementation: lessons learned from administrators, nursing staff, and project leadersJenny Ploeg
School of Nursing, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 4:210-9. 2007..A sound understanding of barriers and facilitators is critical for development of effective and targeted guideline implementation strategies...
- Managerial leadership for nurses' use of research evidence: an integrative review of the literatureWendy Gifford
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 4:126-45. 2007..Yet minimal evidence exists indicating what constitutes effective nursing leadership for this purpose, or what kinds of interventions help leaders to successfully influence research-based care...
- Spreading and sustaining best practices for home care of older adults: a grounded theory studyJenny Ploeg
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, Aging, Community and Health Research Unit, Department of Health, Aging and Society, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Room HSc3N25C, Hamilton L8S 4K1, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 9:162. 2014..The purpose of this study was to understand how best practices related to older adults are spread within home care organizations...
- An organizational intervention to influence evidence-informed decision making in home health nursingWendy Gifford
Author Affiliations Assistant Professor, University of Ottawa, and associate researcher, Saint Elizabeth, Ottawa Dr Gifford Chief Clinical Executive and Senior VP, Knowledge and Practice, Saint Elizabeth, Markham Ms Lefebre and Full Professor and Codirector, Nursing Best Practice Research Center, University of Ottawa Dr Davies, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Adm 44:395-402. 2014..The aims of this study were to field test and evaluate a series of organizational strategies to promote evidence-informed decision making (EIDM) by nurse managers and clinical leaders in home healthcare...
- Ottawa Panel Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines for Foot Care in the Management of Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisLucie Brosseau
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 97:1163-1181.e14. 2016..To create evidence-based guidelines evaluating foot care interventions for the management of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...