Bruce B Forster
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Answer to case of the month #129. Mueller-Weiss syndromeVicnays Venu
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC
Can Assoc Radiol J 59:39-40. 2008
- Coronary artery calcium findings in asymptomatic subjects with family history of premature coronary artery diseaseCatalin Taraboanta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:53. 2012....
- Proximal tibiofibular joint: an often-forgotten cause of lateral knee painBruce B Forster
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia and University of British Columbia Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W359-66. 2007..This article presents the imaging findings of proximal tibiofibular joint disorders that can cause lateral knee pain...
- Is functional MR imaging of skeletal muscle the ultimate tool for assessment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease?Bruce B Forster
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 2B5
Radiology 241:329-30. 2006
- Evaluation of adult outpatient magnetic resonance imaging sedation practices: are patients being sedated optimally?Janel E Middelkamp
University of British Columbia Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Can Assoc Radiol J 60:190-5. 2009....
- Comparison of MRI and sonography in the preliminary evaluation for fibroid embolizationAudrey L Spielmann
Department of Radiology, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, University Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:1499-504. 2006..The purpose of our study was to evaluate whether pelvic MRI provides additional clinically relevant information after sonography in the preprocedure evaluation of uterine artery embolization of fibroids...
- Canadian radiology residents' knowledge of sedation and analgesia: a web-based surveyKelly Mayson
Department of Anesthesia, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Can Assoc Radiol J 57:35-42. 2006..We sought to determine the level of understanding of the nature and use of such agents in Canadian radiology residents...
- Evaluating bone marrow oedema patterns in musculoskeletal injuryMichael Gregory Kozoriz
University of British Columbia, Department of Radiology, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Br J Sports Med 46:946-53. 2012....
- Get a kick out of this: the spectrum of knee extensor mechanism injuriesBetty Tuong
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia and University of British Columbia, Koerner Pavilion, UBC Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 2B5, Canada
Br J Sports Med 45:140-6. 2011....
- Beyond the Cuff: MR Imaging of Labroligamentous Injuries in the Athletic ShoulderElizabeth A Roy
From the Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 2B5
Radiology 278:316-32. 2016..More recent concepts of internal impingement and secondary subacromial impingement will also be clarified. (©) RSNA, 2016. ..
- Pearls for Interpreting Computed Tomography of the Cervical Spine in TraumaKathryn Darras
University of British Columbia, 899 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M9, Canada
Radiol Clin North Am 53:657-74, vii. 2015..This article provides an approach to acquiring and interpreting cervical spine images in the setting of acute trauma and reviews the classic patterns of injury. ..
- The prevalence of radiographic femoroacetabular impingement in younger individuals undergoing total hip replacement for osteoarthritisRita Lung
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clin Rheumatol 31:1239-42. 2012..Subjects were categorized as: definite FAI, no FAI, and not possible to exclude FAI. Definite FAI was present in 36 % of subjects. FAI is common in young subjects undergoing THR for PHOA...
- Integrity of articular cartilage on T2 mapping associated with meniscal signal changeBrian Kai
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, UBC Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eur J Radiol 79:421-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between T2 relaxation values (T2 RVs) within the superficial zone of articular cartilage and different types of meniscal degeneration/tear...
- Radiographic and computed tomographic studies of calcium hydroxylapatite for treatment of HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy and correction of nasolabial foldsAlastair Carruthers
Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dermatol Surg 34:S78-84. 2008..following augmentation to correct the nasolabial folds or facial wasting associated with human immunodeficiency virus lipoatrophy...
- The adult tarsal navicular: why it mattersAndrew Scott-Moncrieff
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can Assoc Radiol J 58:279-85. 2007..Improved familiarity with the adult tarsal navicular and its various abnormalities will enable radiologists to recognize its importance in the differential diagnosis of midfoot pathology...
- Preservation of eccentric torque of the knee extensors and flexors in patients with COPDSunita Mathur
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 27:411-6. 2007..Muscle volume and intramuscular fat infiltration of the thigh muscles were also compared between groups...
- Evaluating interaction techniques for stack mode viewingM Stella Atkins
School of Computing Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
J Digit Imaging 22:369-82. 2009..It may be worthwhile to introduce techniques such as the jog wheel to radiologists during training, and several techniques might be provided on workstations, allowing individuals to choose their preferred method...
- Rational computed tomography screening in 2003Bruce B Forster
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia Hospital, Vancouver Hospital and Health Science Centre, Vancouver, BC
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:14-7. 2003
- Radiology practice management in Canada: changing times, increased needBruce B Forster
Can Assoc Radiol J 59:7-8. 2008
- Tarsal navicular stress injury: long-term outcome and clinicoradiological correlation using both computed tomography and magnetic resonance imagingScott G Burne
Department of Pharmocology and Physiology, University of South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Am J Sports Med 33:1875-81. 2005..Tarsal navicular stress fracture is a condition that has curtailed many athletic careers. Management protocols remain varied and somewhat controversial...