Michelle M Foisy
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Adrenal suppression and Cushing's syndrome secondary to an interaction between ritonavir and fluticasone: a review of the literatureM M Foisy
Royal Alexandra Hospital, Northern Alberta HIV Program, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
HIV Med 9:389-96. 2008..The clinical presentation, diagnosis and management will be discussed...
- Induction effects of ritonavir: implications for drug interactionsMichelle M Foisy
Northern Alberta HIV Program and Regional Pharmacy Services, Capital Health Authority, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 42:1048-59. 2008..To review the literature on the induction effects of ritonavir on the cytochrome P450 enzyme system and glucuronyl transferase and identify resultant established and potential drug interactions...
- Iatrogenic Cushing syndrome after intra-articular triamcinolone in a patient receiving ritonavir-boosted darunavirJill J Hall
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Int J STD AIDS 24:748-52. 2013..We review the probable mechanism for this interaction and describe similar cases of Cushing syndrome in patients receiving concomitant ritonavir and triamcinolone. ..
- Abacavir hypersensitivity reaction: an updateChristine A Hughes
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, HIV, Northern Alberta HIV Program and Regional Pharmacy Services, Capital Health Region, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 42:387-96. 2008..To review the clinical features, risk factors, diagnosis, and management of abacavir hypersensitivity reaction (HSR)...
- Complexity of interactions between voriconazole and antiretroviral agentsErin M Yakiwchuk
Regional Pharmacy Services, Capital Health Authority, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 42:698-703. 2008..To evaluate and summarize pertinent aspects of the literature on interactions between voriconazole and antiretroviral agents...
- Adverse effects of antiretrovirals in HIV-infected pregnant womenDalyce M Zuk
Regional Pharmacy Services, Capital Health, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 43:1028-35. 2009..It is unclear whether the risk of ARV-related adverse drug reactions (ADRs) is increased during pregnancy...
- Discontinuing Pneumocystis jirovecii Pneumonia Prophylaxis in HIV-Infected Patients With a CD4 Cell Count <200 cells/mm3Vaninder K Sidhu
Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 49:1343-8. 2015..To review the evidence for discontinuing primary and secondary Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia (PJP) prophylaxis in HIV-infected patients with a CD4 count <200 cells/mm(3)...
- Pharmaceutical care for HIV patients on directly observed therapyMichelle M Foisy
Northern Alberta HIV Program, Royal Alexandra Hospital and DOT for HAART Program, Boyle McCauley Health Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 38:550-6. 2004..A multidisciplinary team including the pharmacist can impact upon the delivery of care to the inner-city HIV patient population...