Nancy L Dudek
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Quality evaluation reports: Can a faculty development program make a difference?Nancy L Dudek
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, The Rehabilitation Centre, 505 Smyth Road, Room 1105D, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M2, Canada
Med Teach 34:e725-31. 2012..The quality of medical student and resident clinical evaluation reports submitted by rotation supervisors is a concern. The effectiveness of faculty development (FD) interventions in changing report quality is uncertain...
- Bilateral anterior superior iliac spine pressure ulcers: a case reportNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 83:1459-61. 2002..Although prone positioning can improve pulmonary gas exchange, it exposes the patient to unique complications. When it is required, specific care should be directed to the unusual weight-bearing surfaces to avoid pressure ulcers...
- Ambulation monitoring of transtibial amputation subjects with patient activity monitor versus pedometerNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Rehabilitation Centre, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
J Rehabil Res Dev 45:577-85. 2008..The DW may be preferred for its more accurate distance measurements. Neither device is ideal for monitoring in-home ambulation...
- Assessing the quality of supervisors' completed clinical evaluation reportsNancy L Dudek
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 42:816-22. 2008....
- Failure to fail: the perspectives of clinical supervisorsNancy L Dudek
505 Smyth Road, Room 1105D, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8M2
Acad Med 80:S84-7. 2005..This study explored the factors identified by supervisors that affect their willingness to report poor clinical performance when completing In-Training Evaluation Reports (ITERs)...
- Dermatologic conditions associated with use of a lower-extremity prosthesisNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:659-63. 2005..To document the frequency of skin problems among lower-limb prosthesis users and to assess for factors associated with skin problems among patients using a prosthesis...
- Quality in-training evaluation reports--does feedback drive faculty performance?Nancy L Dudek
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 88:1129-34. 2013..To reach more faculty, the authors developed an "at-home" FD program offering participants various types of feedback on their ITER quality based on the workshop content. Program impact is evaluated here...
- The Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation (O-SCORE): a tool to assess surgical competenceWade T Gofton
Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 87:1401-7. 2012..In this study, the authors evaluated a tool they designed to assess a trainee's competence to perform an entire surgical procedure independently, regardless of procedure type or postgraduate year (PGY)...
- Skin problems in an amputee clinicNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 85:424-9. 2006..To document the type and frequency of individual residual limb skin problems among patients using a lower extremity prosthesis, including the suggested etiology and management of each type of skin problem...
- Center of pressure and total force analyses for amputees walking with a backpack load over four surfacesEmily H Sinitski
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada Electronic address
Appl Ergon 52:169-76. 2016..High functioning transtibial amputees were able to accommodate to a standard backpack load and to maintain COP progression, even when walking over different surfaces. ..
- Continued Validation of the O-SCORE (Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation): Use in the Simulated EnvironmentMatthew J MacEwan
a Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Teach Learn Med 28:72-9. 2016..Construct: The Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation (O-SCORE) is a 9-item surgical evaluation tool designed to assess technical competence in surgical trainees using behavioral anchors...
- Going Paperless? Issues in Converting a Surgical Assessment Tool to an Electronic VersionNancy L Dudek
a Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Teach Learn Med 27:274-9. 2015..CONSTRUCT: The competence of a trainee to perform a surgical procedure was assessed using an electronic tool...
- Fixed and self-paced treadmill walking for able-bodied and transtibial amputees in a multi-terrain virtual environmentEmily H Sinitski
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 725 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4E9, Canada University of Ottawa, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 161 Louis Pasteur, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada Electronic address
Gait Posture 41:568-73. 2015..Fixed-speed treadmills may induce gait compensations to maintain the fixed speed...
- In-training evaluations: developing an automated screening tool to measure report qualityRamprasad Bismil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 48:724-32. 2014..The CCERR is a resource-intensive instrument, which may limit its use. The purpose of this study was to create a screening measure (Proxy-CCERR) that can predict the CCERR outcome in a less resource-intensive manner...