Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- TRIM32 regulates skeletal muscle stem cell differentiation and is necessary for normal adult muscle regenerationSarah Nicklas
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Zentrum fur Molekularbiologie der Entzundung, Institute of Cell Biology, Stem Cell Biology and Regeneration Group, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e30445. 2012..Our studies implicate that the loss of TRIM32 results in dysfunctional muscle stem cells which could contribute to the development of LGMD2H...
- Generation of a mouse model for studying the role of upregulated RTEL1 activity in tumorigenesisXiaoli Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, 745 Bannatyne Avenue, R3E 0J9, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Transgenic Res 21:1109-15. 2012....
- Establishment of conditional knockout alleles for the gene encoding the regulator of telomere length (RTEL)Xiaoli Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Genesis 45:788-92. 2007..These conditional alleles will therefore be the important genetic tools for dissecting the spatial and temporal roles of RTEL in the regulation of telomere length and genomic stability during postnatal development and tumorigenesis...
- Loss of HLTF function promotes intestinal carcinogenesisSumit Sandhu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, 745 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3E 0J9, Canada
Mol Cancer 11:18. 2012..HLTF has also been found to be frequently inactivated by promoter hypermethylation in human colon cancers. Whether this epigenetic event is required for intestinal carcinogenesis is unknown...
- EMG1 is essential for mouse pre-implantation embryo developmentXiaoli Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 10:99. 2010..The expression of Emg1 during mouse development was examined and mice carrying a null mutation for Emg1 were generated and characterized...
- Generation of conditional knockout alleles for PDGF-CXiaoli Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Genesis 45:653-7. 2007..Furthermore, from this work, we have also described a simple approach for creating mouse conditional alleles in an efficient manner...