Bruce D Dick
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Disruption of attention and working memory traces in individuals with chronic painBruce D Dick
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Anesth Analg 104:1223-9, tables of contents. 2007..We conducted the present study to examine how attention and memory are disrupted by chronic pain...
- Disruption of cognitive function in fibromyalgia syndromeBruce D Dick
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada
Pain 139:610-6. 2008..It is likely that many factors, including disrupted cognition, play a role in the reduced quality of life reported by individuals with FMS...
- Cognitive and school functioning in children and adolescents with chronic pain: a critical reviewBruce D Dick
Departments of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine and Psychiatry, University of Alberta, and Stollery Children s Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pain Res Manag 15:238-44. 2010..While methodological issues surely make it difficult to study cognitive function in children with chronic pain, the potential gains from such research warrant a pursuit of such work. Much remains to be studied on this important topic...
- The Effect of Social Observational Learning, Empathy and Catastrophizing in Chronic Pain Patients During Acute Pain InductionDmitry Y Yakunchikov
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pain Med . 2016..DESIGN : This observational case series study required participants to report their pain level during the cold pressor task after viewing an instruction video...
- Utilities of the post-anesthesia state derived by the standard gamble method in surgical patientsSaifudin Rashiq
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G3, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 6:8. 2006..There are no published utilities for the post-anesthesia state obtained by the standard gamble method (SG)...
- The effect of single-dose propofol injection on pain and quality of life in chronic daily headache: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialMark K Simmonds
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, 8 120 Clinical Sciences Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G3
Anesth Analg 109:1972-80. 2009..Our objective in this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was to determine whether a single IV dose of propofol 2.4 mg/kg results in clinically significant reduction in disability or pain in CDH for the next 30 days...
- A Critical Review of Neurobiological Factors Involved in the Interactions Between Chronic Pain, Depression, and Sleep DisruptionPaul A Boakye
Centre for Neuroscience Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine School of Dentistry Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB, Canada
Clin J Pain 32:327-36. 2016....
- A longitudinal investigation of pain-related social support preferences in a chronic pain treatment sampleLachlan A McWilliams
Department of Psychology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Clin J Pain 30:672-8. 2014....