Affiliation: University of Windsor
- Managing executive dysfunction following acquired brain injury and stroke using an ecologically valid rehabilitation approach: a study protocol for a randomized, controlled trialDeirdre R Dawson
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2E1, Canada
Trials 14:306. 2013..Here, we report the protocol of a randomized controlled trial of the effects of this training compared to conventional therapy in a sample of community-dwelling adults with acquired brain injury and/or stroke...
- Qualitative research with small connected communities: generating new knowledge while upholding research ethicsThecla Damianakis
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 22:708-18. 2012..We conclude with lessons learned to guide researchers who might face similar challenges...
- Older adults' response to the loss of a spouse: the function of spirituality in understanding the grieving processThecla Damianakis
School of Social Work, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
Aging Ment Health 16:57-66. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the role of spirituality in helping older adults grieve the loss of a spouse in the context of a model of group psychotherapy...
- Volunteers' experiences visiting the cognitively impaired in nursing homes: a friendly visiting programThecla Damianakis
School of Social Work, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON
Can J Aging 26:343-56. 2007..Discussed are the implications for volunteer programs in long-term health care settings...
- The psychosocial impacts of multimedia biographies on persons with cognitive impairmentsThecla Damianakis
School of Social Work, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
Gerontologist 50:23-35. 2010..We developed a procedure for using digital video technology to construct DVD-based MBs of persons with AD or MCI, documented their responses to observing their MBs, and evaluated the psychosocial benefits...
- Persistent family concerns in long-term care settings: meaning and managementElsa Marziali
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:154-62. 2006..The aim of this study was to understand institutional and family caregiver characteristics that contribute to the failure to resolve families' persistent complaints about nursing home care of their relatives...
- Falls communication patterns among nursing staff working in long-term care settingsLaura M Wagner
Baycrest Geriatric Health Care System, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Nurs Res 19:311-26. 2010..Recommendations toward improved communication networks among diverse LTC staff to enhance fall-reduction efforts in LTC settings are provided...
- Therapy Online: A Web-Based Video Support Group for Family Caregivers of Survivors With Traumatic Brain InjuryThecla Damianakis
School of Social Work, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada Dr Damianakis Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest, Toronto, Canada Drs Damianakis and Dawson Centre for Rehabilitation and Health, Gestalt Institute of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Ms Tough and Faculty of Medicine and Factor Inwentash Faculty of Social Work Dr Marziali, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Dr Dawson and Rehabilitation Sciences Institute Dr Dawson, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Head Trauma Rehabil 31:E12-20. 2016..This innovative descriptive study explores the benefits of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) caregiver support group intervention provided using videoconferencing within a password protected Web-based platform...
- Family caregiver support groups: spiritual reflections' impact on stress managementThecla Damianakis
a School of Social Work, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
Aging Ment Health . 2016..We conducted a qualitative analysis of expressions of spirituality and its meaningfulness during the caregiving journey within the context of an online video conferencing support group intervention program...
- Barriers and facilitators to communicating nursing errors in long-term care settingsLaura M Wagner
University of California San Francisco, School of Nursing, San Francisco, California, USA
J Patient Saf 9:1-7. 2013..To explore nurses' perceptions about communicating nursing errors...
- Clinical practice standards and ethical issues applied to a virtual group intervention for spousal caregivers of people with Alzheimer'sJulie Dergal Serafini
University of Toronto, Kunin Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit, Baycrest, Toronto, Canada
Soc Work Health Care 44:225-43. 2007....