Debra A Butt
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Minimal decrease in hot flashes desired by postmenopausal women in family practiceDebra A Butt
Scarborough Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Menopause 14:203-7. 2007..To determine the minimal important difference in the frequency and severity of hot flashes that postmenopausal women desire from a nonhormonal agent...
- Gabapentin for the treatment of menopausal hot flashes: a randomized controlled trialDebra A Butt
The Scarborough Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Menopause 15:310-8. 2008..To compare the effectiveness and tolerability of gabapentin with placebo for the treatment of hot flashes in women who enter menopause naturally...
- Effective and cost-effective clinical trial recruitment strategies for postmenopausal women in a community-based, primary care settingDebra A Butt
The Scarborough Hospital, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, 211 3030 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M1P 2T7
Contemp Clin Trials 31:447-56. 2010..The purpose of this study is to describe the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of eight clinical trial recruitment methods for postmenopausal women in a community-based setting...
- Identifying subpopulations for subgroup analysis in a longitudinal clinical trialRahim Moineddin
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contemp Clin Trials 29:817-22. 2008..This paper aims at demonstrating the application of random effect models as one approach to identify subpopulations suitable for subgroup analysis in a longitudinal study...
- Are family physicians comprehensively using electronic medical records such that the data can be used for secondary purposes? A Canadian perspectiveKaren Tu
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, G1 06, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 15:67. 2015..We sought to evaluate the completeness of a variety of EMR fields to determine if family physicians were comprehensively using their EMRs and the suitability of use of the data for secondary purposes in Ontario, Canada...
- Development and validation of an administrative data algorithm to estimate the disease burden and epidemiology of multiple sclerosis in Ontario, CanadaJessica Widdifield
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences ICES, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mult Scler 21:1045-54. 2015..Few studies have assessed the accuracy of administrative data for identifying multiple sclerosis (MS) patients...
- Antihypertensive drug prescribing and persistence among new elderly users: implications for persistence improvement interventionsKaren Tu
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences ICES, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada University Health Network Toronto Western Hospital Family Health Team, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 30:647-52. 2014..The objective of this study was to examine persistence rates and factors influencing persistence for new elderly users of antihypertensive drugs...
- Patterns of Care Among Patients Referred to Rheumatologists in Ontario, CanadaJessica Widdifield
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) . 2016..Our aim was to characterize referrals to rheumatologists, the early care management of patients with rheumatic diseases, and timeliness of care and treatment...
- Risk of Osteoporotic Fractures With Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers Versus Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Hypertensive Community-Dwelling ElderlyDebra A Butt
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Research Department, Toronto, Canada Family and Community Medicine, The Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 29:2483-8. 2014..99; CI 0.78-1.25), other major osteoporotic (HR = 0.87; CI 0.75-1.01), and other osteoporotic fractures (HR = 0.90; CI 0.74-1.08)...
- Improving stroke prevention therapy for patients with atrial fibrillation in primary care: protocol for a pragmatic, cluster-randomized trialTheresa M Lee
Institute for Clinical Evaluation Sciences, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5, Canada
Implement Sci 11:159. 2016..However, many high-risk AF patients are not offered guideline-recommended stroke prevention therapy due to a variety of system, provider, and patient-level barriers...
- A validation study of administrative data algorithms to identify patients with Parkinsonism with prevalence and incidence trendsDebra A Butt
Research Institute, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Neuroepidemiology 43:28-37. 2014..This reduces their use for health services planning. The purpose of this study was to validate algorithms for the case ascertainment of PKM from administrative databases using primary care patients as the reference standard...
- Using a data entry clerk to improve data quality in primary care electronic medical records: a pilot studyMichelle Greiver
North Toronto Research Network, Toronto, Canada
Inform Prim Care 19:241-50. 2011..The quality of electronic medical record (EMR) data is known to be problematic; research on improving these data is needed...
- Understanding Referral Patterns for Bone Mineral Density Testing among Family Physicians: A Qualitative Descriptive StudySarah E P Munce
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1V7 Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2A2
J Osteoporos 2016:2937426. 2016..Emphasis on referral of high-risk groups as well as men and further clarification and education on the appropriate intervals for follow-up testing is warranted. ..
- The risk of hip fracture after initiating antihypertensive drugs in the elderlyDebra A Butt
Ellesmere Health Care Centre and The Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 172:1739-44. 2012....