Alexandre G Brolo
Affiliation: University of Victoria
- Surface plasmon-quantum dot coupling from arrays of nanoholesAlexandre G Brolo
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, B C, Canada
J Phys Chem B 110:8307-13. 2006..The increased spontaneous emission in the SP-QD system is promising for prospective plasmonic light-emitting devices incorporating QDs...
- Strong polarized enhanced raman scattering via optical tunneling through random parallel nanostructures in Au thin filmsAlexandre G Brolo
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3V6
J Phys Chem B 109:401-5. 2005..The SERRS intensities followed a squared dependence on the polarization direction of the incident field...
- Surface plasmon enhanced up-conversion from NaYF4:Yb/Er/Gd nano-rodsPenghui Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, STN CSC, Victoria, BC V8W 3V6, Canada
Phys Chem Chem Phys 17:16170-7. 2015..A qualitative agreement was obtained between the experimental results and finite difference time domain (FDTD) calculations. ..
- Polarization-dependent extraordinary optical transmission from upconversion nanoparticlesPeng Hui Wang
University of Victoria, Department of Chemistry P O Box 3065, STN CSC, Victoria, BC V8W 3V6, Canada
Nanoscale 7:18250-8. 2015..In the presence of the double nanoantennas inside the nanoslits, the UC enhancement was between 2- and 4-fold, depending on the experimental conditions. ..
- Enhanced fluorescence from arrays of nanoholes in a gold filmAlexandre G Brolo
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, B C, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 127:14936-41. 2005....
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) optrodes for multiplexed on-chip sensing of nile blue A and oxazine 720Meikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC V8W 3V6, Canada
Lab Chip 12:1554-60. 2012..These results demonstrate the advantages of the SERS-optrode for microfluidics applications by illustrating the potential of this vibrational method to quantify components in a mixture...
- Raman spectroscopy identifies radiation response in human non-small cell lung cancer xenograftsSamantha J Harder
University of Victoria, Department of Physics and Astronomy, PO Box 1700 STN CSC, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 2Y2, Canada
Sci Rep 6:21006. 2016..Collectively, these data provide unique insight into the biochemical response of tumours, irradiated in vivo, and demonstrate the utility of RS for detecting distinct radiobiological responses in human tumour xenografts...
- Flow-through vs flow-over: analysis of transport and binding in nanohole array plasmonic biosensorsCarlos Escobedo
Mechanical Engineering, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Anal Chem 82:10015-20. 2010..For common binding kinetics and analytes, flow-through nanohole arrays offer ∼10-fold improvement in response time, with a maximum of 20-fold improvement for small biomolecules with rapid kinetics...
- Multilayer silver nanoparticles-modified optical fiber tip for high performance SERS remote sensingGustavo F S Andrade
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, PO Box 3055, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3V6
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2270-5. 2010..It can be envisioned that the Ag-NPs-MOFT device reported in this work can be further developed for SERS-based remote biosensing...
- Attomolar protein detection using in-hole surface plasmon resonanceJacqueline Ferreira
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, V8W 3V6, Victoria, BC, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 131:436-7. 2009..The sensitivity was found to be 650 nm/RIU and the detection of three attomoles of proteins was estimated from this scheme...
- Radiation-Induced Glycogen Accumulation Detected by Single Cell Raman Spectroscopy Is Associated with Radioresistance that Can Be Reversed by MetforminQuinn Matthews
Trev and Joyce Deeley Research Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Victoria, BC, Canada Department of Medical Physics, BC Cancer Agency, Victoria, BC, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0135356. 2015..Our data demonstrate a novel approach of spectral monitoring by Raman spectroscopy to assess changes in the levels of intracellular glycogen as a potential marker and resistance mechanism to radiation therapy...
- Improved synthesis of gold and silver nanoshellsAntonio M Brito-Silva
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Langmuir 29:4366-72. 2013..The immobilized nanoshells were used as substrates for the surface-enhanced Raman scattering from Nile Blue A...
- Nanoholes as nanochannels: flow-through plasmonic sensingFatemeh Eftekhari
Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Anal Chem 81:4308-11. 2009..The flow-through method resulted in a 6-fold improvement in response time as compared to the established flow-over method...
- Silver nanoparticles self assembly as SERS substrates with near single molecule detection limitMeikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada
Phys Chem Chem Phys 11:7381-9. 2009..At optimum conditions and with a 632.8 nm laser, the signal from an estimated of only approximately 44 probe molecules (100x objective) can still be detected...
- A Raman spectroscopic study of cell response to clinical doses of ionizing radiationSamantha J Harder
University of Victoria, Department of Physics and Astronomy, PO Box 1700 STN CSC, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2Y2, Canada
Appl Spectrosc 69:193-204. 2015..The results of this study demonstrate the utility and effectiveness of single-cell RS to identify and measure biological responses in tumor cells exposed to standard radiotherapy doses. ..
- Self-assembled Au nanoparticles as substrates for surface-enhanced vibrational spectroscopy: optimization and electrochemical stabilityMeikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, V8W 3V6, Canada
Chemphyschem 9:1899-907. 2008..In situ electrochemical SERS measurements show that these substrates are stable within the potential window between -800 and +200 mV (vs. Ag/AgCl/sat. Cl(-))...
- A new generation of sensors based on extraordinary optical transmissionReuven Gordon
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, P O Box 3055, Victoria, B C V8W 3P6, Canada
Acc Chem Res 41:1049-57. 2008..Further research could exploit this platform to develop nanostructures that support high field localization for single-molecule spectroscopy...
- Probing dynamic generation of hot-spots in self-assembled chains of gold nanorods by surface-enhanced Raman scatteringAnna Lee
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 Saint George Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H6, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 133:7563-70. 2011....
- Variability in Raman spectra of single human tumor cells cultured in vitro: correlation with cell cycle and culture confluencyQuinn Matthews
Dept of Physics and Astronomy, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Appl Spectrosc 64:871-87. 2010..Our characterization of the inherent sources of variability in Raman spectra of single human cells will be useful for understanding subtle spectral differences in RM studies of single cells...
- Fluctuations of the Stokes and anti-Stokes surface-enhanced resonance Raman scattering intensities in an electrochemical environmentDiego P dos Santos
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, Canada V8W 3V6
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:7158-60. 2011..The distributions of the anti-Stokes to Stokes ratios were obtained and their shape showed a strong dependence on the applied potential...
- Surface plasmon sensor based on the enhanced light transmission through arrays of nanoholes in gold filmsAlexandre G Brolo
Langmuir 20:4813-5. 2004..Furthermore, the optical geometry is collinear, which simplifies the alignment with respect to the traditional Kretschmann (reflection) arrangement for SPR sensing...