Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Olanzapine in the treatment of low body weight and obsessive thinking in women with anorexia nervosa: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialHany Bissada
The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H8L6
Am J Psychiatry 165:1281-8. 2008..The objective of this trial was to assess the efficacy of olanzapine in promoting weight gain and in reducing obsessive symptoms among adult women with anorexia nervosa...
- Matching women with binge eating disorder to group treatment based on attachment anxiety: outcomes and moderating effectsGiorgio A Tasca
Psychiatry, The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6 Canada
Psychother Res 23:301-14. 2013..Clinicians should be attentive to and encourage the growth of group therapy alliance especially for anxiously attached individuals...
- Comparison of group climate in an eating disorders partial hospital group and a psychiatric partial hospital groupGiorgio A Tasca
Eating Disorders Program, Department of Psychology, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Canada
Int J Group Psychother 52:409-17. 2002..Therapists may be able to use initial heightened engagement in eating disorder groups to counteract the tendency to avoid content...
- Personality dimensions among women with an eating disorder: towards reconceptualizing DSMGiorgio A Tasca
The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Canada
Eur Eat Disord Rev 17:281-9. 2009....
- Psychometric properties of self-monitoring of eating disorder urges among treatment seeking women: ecological momentary assessment using a daily diary methodGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Canada
Eat Behav 10:59-61. 2009..The psychometric properties of an ecological momentary assessment (EMA) method used to evaluate eating disorder (ED) urges were examined...
- Psychometric properties of the eating disorders inventory-2 among women seeking treatment for binge eating disorderGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital, ON, Canada
Assessment 10:228-36. 2003..Some scales differentiated the BED from the BN sample, and the second-order factors correlated with measures of similar constructs. The original EDI scales can be used reliably for those with BED...
- Characterization of IGF-II isoforms in binge eating disorder and its group psychological treatmentGiorgio Tasca
Psychology Department, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Department of Psychiatry, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e83019. 2013..Little is known about the biology of BED. Since there is evidence that the insulin like growth factor system is implicated in regulation of body weight, insulin sensitivity and feeding behavior, we speculated it may be involved in BED...
- Predictors of treatment acceptance and of participation in a randomized controlled trial among women with anorexia nervosaGiorgio A Tasca
Regional Centre for Eating Disorders, The Ottawa Hospital, ON, Canada
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:155-61. 2012..This study aimed to identify predictors of acceptance of intensive treatment and of participation in a randomized controlled trial (RCT) among women with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Outcomes of specific interpersonal problems for binge eating disorder: comparing group psychodynamic interpersonal psychotherapy and group cognitive behavioral therapyGiorgio A Tasca
Regional Centre for Eating Disorders, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Int J Group Psychother 62:197-218. 2012..GPIP may be most relevant for those with BED who have Cold/Distant interpersonal problems and attachment avoidance...
- Attachment insecurity predicts eating disorder symptoms and treatment outcomes in a clinical sample of womenVanessa Illing
Department of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:653-9. 2010..Attachment dimensions substantially contribute to our understanding of ED symptoms and treatment outcome. Addressing attachment insecurity when treating those with EDs may improve treatment outcomes...
- An attachment insecurity model of negative affect among women seeking treatment for an eating disorderGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Canada Ottawa Hospital, Canada
Eat Behav 7:252-7. 2006..Attachment insecurity could be a possible vulnerability factor for the development of eating disorder symptoms among women...
- Using the PAI with an eating disordered population: scale characteristics, factor structure, and differences among diagnostic groupsGiorgio A Tasca
Department of Psychology, University of Ottawa and Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Pers Assess 79:337-56. 2002..Use of the PAI with an eating disordered population and its utility in understanding eating disorder diagnostic groups is supported...