Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Tai Chi-based exercise program provided via telerehabilitation compared to home visits in a post-stroke population who have returned home without intensive rehabilitation: study protocol for a randomized, non-inferiority clinical trialMichel Tousignant
Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Trials 15:42. 2014..To meet this demand, telerehabilitation, particularly from a service center to the patient's home, is a promising alternative approach that can help improve access to rehabilitation services once patients are discharged home...
- Data sharing between home care professionals: a feasibility study using the RAI Home Care instrumentDawn M Guthrie
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Wilfrid Laurier University, 75 University Ave, W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5, Canada
BMC Geriatr 14:81. 2014..In this pilot study, we examined the feasibility of sharing data, from the RAI-HC, between care coordinators and service providers...
- Scaling functional status within the interRAI suite of assessment instrumentsJohn N Morris
Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew SeniorLife, 1200 Centre Street, Boston, MA 02131, USA
BMC Geriatr 13:128. 2013..Two new functional hierarchies are presented, an IADL hierarchical capacity scale and a combination scale integrating both IADL and ADL hierarchies...
- Adjustment of nursing home quality indicatorsRichard N Jones
Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew SeniorLife, Boston MA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:96. 2010..The goal of obtaining a valid facility-level estimate of true quality of care should include adjustment for resident- and facility-level sources of variability...
- Sharing clinical information across care settings: the birth of an integrated assessment systemLeonard C Gray
The University of Queensland, c Academic Unit in Geriatric Medicine, University Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 9:71. 2009..Population ageing, the emergence of chronic illness, and the shift away from institutional care challenge conventional approaches to assessment systems which traditionally are problem and setting specific...
- Identification of recruitment and retention strategies for rehabilitation professionals in Ontario, Canada: results from expert panelsDiem Tran
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 8:249. 2008....
- Quality of care assessment in geriatric evaluation and management units: construction of a chart review tool for a tracer conditionMarie Jeanne Kergoat
Research Centre, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal QC, Canada
BMC Geriatr 9:34. 2009..Very few validated and reliable instruments exist for the assessment of quality of acute care in this field. This study's objective was to create such a tool for Geriatric Evaluation and Management Units (GEMUs)...
- Short-term geriatric assessment units: 30 years laterJudith Latour
Research Centre, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 chemin Queen Mary, Montreal QC, H3W 1W5, Canada
BMC Geriatr 10:41. 2010..The objective of this project is to describe the range of activities offered by Quebec GAU and the resources available to them...
- Relationship between interRAI HC and the ICF: opportunity for operationalizing the ICFKatherine Berg
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 9:47. 2009....