Kingsley C Anukam
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- In vitro evaluation of the viability of vaginal cells (VK2/E6E7) and probiotic Lactobacillus species in lemon juiceKingsley C Anukam
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics, Lawson Health Research Institute, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario N6A4V2, Canada
Sex Health 6:67-74. 2009..Few in vitro studies have been done on the effect of lemon juice on vaginal cells and lactobacilli that constitute the major microbiota in healthy women...
- Probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14 may help downregulate TNF-Alpha, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10 and IL-12 (p70) in the neurogenic bladder of spinal cord injured patient with urinary tract infections: a two-case studyKingsley C Anukam
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada
Adv Urol . 2009..The extent to which this alteration resulted in improved well-being in spinal cord injured patients remains to be determined in a larger study...
- Organisms associated with bacterial vaginosis in Nigerian women as determined by PCR-DGGE and 16S rRNA gene sequenceKingsley C Anukam
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotic, Lawson Health Research Institute, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario, Canada
Afr Health Sci 7:68-72. 2007..The diagnostic methods currently adopted in the evaluation of patient samples for BV are arguably Amsel criteria, and Nugent score that require microscopy and expert interpretation. These two methods are still subjective...
- Lactobacillus vaginal microbiota of women attending a reproductive health care service in Benin city, NigeriaKingsley C Anukam
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotic, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 33:59-62. 2006....
- At the crossroads of vaginal health and disease, the genome sequence of Lactobacillus iners AB-1Jean M Macklaim
Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics, The Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4688-95. 2011..L. iners is widely present in healthy females as well as those suffering from bacterial vaginosis or who have undergone antimicrobial therapy, suggesting that it is an important indigenous species of the vagina...
- Genome sequence of Lactobacillus pentosus KCA1: vaginal isolate from a healthy premenopausal womanKingsley C Anukam
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, TWAS Research Unit, University of Benin, Benin City, Edo, Nigeria
PLoS ONE 8:e59239. 2013..These findings add crucial information for understanding the genomic and geographic diversity of vaginal lactobacilli...
- African traditional fermented foods and probioticsKingsley C Anukam
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario and Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Med Food 12:1177-84. 2009..Given the recent upsurge in probiotic research, recommendations are made on studies that could be performed with African fermented foods and their strains, with a view to improving the health of people in sub-Saharan Africa...