Genomes and Genes
University of Toronto
Organization: University of Toronto
- Does intensive insulin therapy really reduce mortality in critically ill surgical patients? A reanalysis of meta-analytic dataJan O Friedrich
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care and Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, R, Fraser Elliot Building, 3rd Floor, South Wing, 3S 805, 190 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Crit Care 14:324. 2010..Further insights may come from individual patient data meta-analyses or from future large multicenter RCTs in more narrowly defined subgroups of surgical patients...
- Thyroid cancer is the most common malignancy arising from hormone-producing glands. PrefaceShereen Ezzat
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 37:xvii-xviii. 2008
- Oral implants--the futureA Jokstad
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Aust Dent J 53:S89-93. 2008..This review will attempt to address the future use of oral implants based on current cutting edge research within the fundamentals that constitute the practical applications of the osseointegration concept...
- Age differences in choice satisfaction: a positivity effect in decision makingSunghan Kim
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Aging 23:33-8. 2008..Age did not influence the accuracy with which participants predicted how their satisfaction would change over time...
- Is there a risk of harm or toxicity in the placement of pit and fissure sealant materials? A systematic reviewAmir Azarpazhooh
Department of Endodontics, Community Dental Health Services Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
J Can Dent Assoc 74:179-83. 2008..The purpose of this systematic review was to investigate whether the placement of pit and fissure sealant materials causes toxicity, and thus harms patients...
- Distraction osteogenesis using dental implantsGeorge K B Sandor
Bloorview Kids Rehab, Suite 2E 285, 150 Kilgour Road, Toronto, Ontario M4G 1R8, Canada
Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 16:137-46. 2008
- Paradoxical cross-over due to attention to high or low spatial frequenciesMatthias Niemeier
Centre for Computational Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto at Scarborough, 1265 Military Trail, Toronto MIC 1A4, Canada
Brain Cogn 67:115-25. 2008..These data support the idea of an attentional asymmetry underlying perceptual bias. Our results provide novel support for the role of attentional asymmetry in perceptual biases...
- Prospective randomized comparison of one- versus two-site Phacotrabeculectomy two-year resultsYvonne M Buys
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Ophthalmology 115:1130-1133.e1. 2008..A possible explanation has been relatively small samples and short follow-up. We prospectively observed 80 patients for 2 years randomized to one- versus two-site phacotrabeculectomy with the primary outcome measure being IOP...
- Treatment of near-skull brain tissue with a focused device using shear-mode conversion: a numerical studySamuel Pichardo
Imaging Research, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave Rm C713 Toronto, ON M4N 3M5, Canada
Phys Med Biol 52:7313-32. 2007..In conclusion, shear waves provide a useful method for trans-cranial focusing in regions close to the skull surface...
- How can developing countries harness biotechnology to improve health?Abdallah S Daar
The Program on Life Sciences, Ethics and Policy of the McLaughlin Rotman Centre for Global Health, University Health Network McLaughlin Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Public Health 7:346. 2007..The overall objective of the courses was to collectively explore how to best harness genomics to improve health in each region. This article presents and analyzes the recommendations from all five courses...
- Tuberculosis infection in the United States: national trends over three decadesKamran Khan
St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:455-60. 2008..Understanding national trends in TB infection may be important in anticipating future trends in TB disease...
- Treatments for metastatic melanoma: synthesis of evidence from randomized trialsPhilip Lui
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, 144 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3M2
Cancer Treat Rev 33:665-80. 2007..Advanced melanomas (non-resectable Stage-III/IV) are fatal, with few effective treatments. It remains unclear if other drugs offer improvements over the standard, dacarbazine...
- Cancer patients' use of social work services in Canada: prevalence, profile, and predictors of useTahany M Gadalla
Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Health Soc Work 32:189-96. 2007..Findings of this study, never reported before, offer information important for identifying barriers to service use and for future planning of social work services and resources...
- Gene discovery and transcript analyses in the corn smut pathogen Ustilago maydis: expressed sequence tag and genome sequence comparisonEric C H Ho
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto ON, M5G 1L7, Canada
BMC Genomics 8:334. 2007..In addition to utility in the context of gene identification and structure annotation, the ESTs were analyzed to identify differentially abundant transcripts and to detect evidence of alternative splicing and anti-sense transcription...
- Integrative medicine: a tale of two clinicsHeather S Boon
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:32. 2008..Integrative medicine (blending the best of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) with conventional medicine) is becoming increasingly popular...
- Predicting possible zonisamide hypersensitivity syndromeManuela G Neuman
In Vitro Drug Safety and Biotechnology Laboratory, MaRS Discovery Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Exp Dermatol 17:1045-51. 2008..The second aim was to determine age-related differences in ZNS-induced HSR. LTA was previously validated in patients who received sulphamethoxazole (SMX) or AC...
- Children's knowledge of deceptive gaze cues and its relation to their actual lying behaviorAnjanie McCarthy
Institute of Child Study, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5R 2X2, Canada
J Exp Child Psychol 103:117-34. 2009..These findings suggest that with increased age, participants became increasingly sophisticated in their use of display rule knowledge to conceal their deception...
- Nek10 mediates G2/M cell cycle arrest and MEK autoactivation in response to UV irradiationLarissa S Moniz
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 31:30-42. 2011..The appropriate maintenance of the G(2)/M checkpoint following UV irradiation required Nek10 expression and ERK1/2 activation. Taken together, our results uncover a role for Nek10 in the cellular response to UV irradiation...
- The effect of lupus nephritis on pregnancy outcome and fetal and maternal complicationsDafna D Gladman
University of Toronto Lupus Clinic, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:754-8. 2010..To evaluate the effect of lupus nephritis on pregnancy with respect to fetal outcome, maternal complications, and lupus activity...
- Effects of calcium on cardiovascular events in patients with kidney disease and in a healthy populationSarah L West
Multidisciplinary Osteoporosis Program, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:S41-7. 2010..The etiology of vascular calcification and the specific role calcium supplementation may play in accelerating calcification have not been fully elucidated...
- The effect of photodynamic therapy for periodontitis: a systematic review and meta-analysisAmir Azarpazhooh
Community Dental Health Services Research Unit and Division of Endodontics, University of Toronto, 124 Edward St, Toronto, ON M5G 1G6, Canada
J Periodontol 81:4-14. 2010....
- A survey of dermatology residency program directors' views on mentorshipJeff C Donovan
Division of Dermatology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dermatol Online J 15:1. 2009..It is increasingly recognized that mentoring is important in the career development of resident physicians. The purpose of the study was to determine the views of residency Program Directors on mentorship through a cross sectional survey...
- Disturbance alters the phylogenetic composition and structure of plant communities in an old field systemRussell Dinnage
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7071. 2009....
- Twenty-year follow-up of children with and without speech-language impairments: family, educational, occupational, and quality of life outcomesCarla J Johnson
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Speech Lang Pathol 19:51-65. 2010..A secondary purpose of this report was to use data from earlier phases of the study to predict important, real-life outcomes at age 25...
- Lifetime prevalence of comorbid mood disorders in a representative sample of Canadians with type 1 diabetesEsme Fuller-Thomson
Faculty of Social Work, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Diabetes Complications 24:297-300. 2010..To compare the lifetime prevalence of mood disorders among those with and without type 1 diabetes...
- Public perceptions of ethical issues regarding adult predictive genetic testingDouglas K Martin
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation and the Joint Centre for Bioethics, University of Toronto, 88 College St, Toronto, ON, M5G 1L4, Canada
Health Care Anal 18:103-12. 2010..Members of the general public emphasized ethical issues that were different than those identified by experts and patients. It is essential that members of the public be included in complex and controversial public policy decisions...
- Physicians' knowledge of alcohol, tobacco and folic acid in pregnancyL G Lefebvre
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Subst Abus 28:3-9. 2007..To assess: (1) physicians' knowledge and clinical confidence regarding problematic substance use in pregnancy compared to folic acid, and (2) physicians' desire for education in this area and their preferred learning modalitiestools...
- Health and sexual status in an urban gay enclave: an application of the stress process modelAdam Isaiah Green
Department of Sociology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Health Soc Behav 49:436-51. 2008..The results suggest that more work on sexual status structures and their connection to health is needed, both within gay enclaves and across a broader spectrum of sexual subcultures...
- Successful but limited use of external cephalic version in AucklandMichelle R Wise
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Scarborough Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 48:467-72. 2008..It is recommended in New Zealand to offer ECV to all eligible women with breech presentation at term...
- Effect of regulatory warnings on antipsychotic prescription rates among elderly patients with dementia: a population-based time-series analysisElmira Valiyeva
The Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 179:438-46. 2008..We assessed the impact of these warnings on prescription rates of antipsychotic drugs in this patient population...
- Three-dimensional study of the musculotendinous architecture of supraspinatus and its functional correlationsSoo Y Kim
Division of Anatomy, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Anat 20:648-55. 2007..These results provide insight into the normal function of the muscle and its possible contribution to the initiation and progression of supraspinatus tendon tears...
- Correlated evolution of self-incompatibility and clonal reproduction in Solanum (Solanaceae)Mario Vallejo-Marín
Biology Department, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
New Phytol 173:415-21. 2007....
- Serum equol, bone mineral density and biomechanical bone strength differ among four mouse strainsWendy E Ward
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E2
J Nutr Biochem 16:743-9. 2005..Differences in serum equol, BMD and bone strength properties should be considered when selecting a mouse strain for investigating whether dietary strategies that include isoflavones preserve bone tissue after ovariectomy...
- Recruitment of nuclear factor Y to the inverted CCAAT element (ICE) by c-Jun and E1A stimulates basal transcription of the bone sialoprotein gene in osteosarcoma cellsMing Su
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Matrix Dynamics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, ON
J Biol Chem 280:38365-75. 2005....
- Blinded by pressure and painSherali A Rahim
Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Lancet 365:2244. 2005
- A narrative approach to understanding the nursing work environment in CanadaLinda McGillis Hall
CIHR New Investigator, University of Toronto, Faculty of Nursing, 50 St George Street, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 3H4
Soc Sci Med 61:2482-91. 2005..Nurses are experiencing frustration and stress that is impacting their worklife, family and home life, personal health, and possibly patient outcomes...
- The effects of chorioamnionitis and betamethasone on 11beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 2 and the glucocorticoid receptor in preterm human placentaJim F Johnstone
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:238-45. 2005....
- Nocturnal continuous positive airway pressure improves ventilatory efficiency during exercise in patients with chronic heart failureMichael Arzt
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Regensburg, Germany
Chest 127:794-802. 2005..Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and nocturnal oxygen therapy alleviate CSA. The aim of the present study was to compare the effects of nocturnal CPAP and oxygen therapy on Ve/Vco(2)-slope...
- Magnetoencephalography identifies rapid temporal processing deficit in autism and language impairmentJanis E Oram Cardy
Department of Medical Imaging, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuroreport 16:329-32. 2005..Rapid temporal processing impairments may be fundamentally associated with impairments in language rather than autism spectrum disorder...
- Intelligence and executive control: evidence from aging and bilingualismFergus Craik
Rotman Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cortex 41:222-4. 2005
- Role of fine-needle aspiration biopsy and frozen section in the management of papillary thyroid carcinoma subtypesJulio C Furlan
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Suite 1521, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
World J Surg 28:880-5. 2004....
- Evidence-based medicine: ethically obligatory or ethically suspect?Mona Gupta
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Evid Based Ment Health 7:96-7. 2004
- Does the reservoir for self-renewal stem from the ends?Lea Harrington
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, 620 University Avenue, Canada M5G 2C1
Oncogene 23:7283-9. 2004..The purpose of this review is to discuss the role of telomere length maintenance in self-renewal, and the consequent challenges and potential pitfalls to the manipulation of normal and cancer-derived stem cells...
- Monthly antibiotic chemoprophylaxis and incidence of sexually transmitted infections and HIV-1 infection in Kenyan sex workers: a randomized controlled trialRupert Kaul
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
JAMA 291:2555-62. 2004..Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are common in female sex workers (FSWs) and may enhance susceptibility to infection with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- Alcoholic chronic pancreatitis involves displacement of Munc18c from the pancreatic acinar basal membrane surfaceHerbert Y Gaisano
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pancreas 28:395-400. 2004....
- Adventure travel and type 1 diabetes: the complicating effects of high altitudePatricia L Brubaker
Department of Physiology, Room 3366 Medical Sciences Bldg, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8, Canada
Diabetes Care 28:2563-72. 2005
- The identification and development of Canadian coronary artery bypass graft surgery quality indicatorsVeena Guru
Institute For Clinical Evaluative Sciences and Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:1257. 2005..The study objective was to develop quality indicators for coronary artery bypass graft surgery that relate to quality of care, associate with preventable death, and could be reported on performance reports...
- Long-term effects of ranirestat (AS-3201) on peripheral nerve function in patients with diabetic sensorimotor polyneuropathyVera Bril
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Diabetes Care 29:68-72. 2006..We aimed to determine whether ranirestat, an aldose reductase inhibitor, maintains the improved nerve function observed in patients with diabetic sensorimotor polyneuropathy (DSP) after completing a 12-week nerve biopsy study...
- Expanding drug access in Brazil: lessons for Latin America and CanadaJillian Clare Cohen
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Public Health 97:I15-8. 2006..Finally, the paper discusses how Canada can facilitate improving drug access in Latin America through helping Brazil expand its role as a manufacturer and providing medicines to countries without manufacturing capabilities...
- Effects of acute and chronic ethanol exposure on the behavior of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio)Robert Gerlai
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Mississauga, 3359 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 1C6
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:752-61. 2006....
- Collaborative medication management in a team-based primary care practice: an explanatory conceptual frameworkJana M Bajcar
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Res Social Adm Pharm 1:408-29. 2005..The roles and functions of these individuals can be difficult to define, because of a lack of a common ground for discussion. Deliberating the topic is important for developing a team approach to medication management...
- An examination of income-related disparities in the nutritional quality of food selections among Canadian households from 1986-2001Laurie E Ricciuto
Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Fitzgerald Building, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 3E2
Soc Sci Med 64:186-98. 2007..At a time of growing income inequality and worsening problems of poverty, food policy makers need to pay attention to the potential for policy interventions to exacerbate or improve nutrition disparities...
- Propagation of interictal discharges in temporal lobe epilepsy: correlation of spatiotemporal mapping with intracranial foramen ovale electrode recordingsDominik Zumsteg
Krembil Neuroscience Centre, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Clin Neurophysiol 117:2615-26. 2006....
- Depression in the flyLorelei Silverman-Gavrila
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S1A8
J Neurosci 26:8021-2. 2006
- eHealth Literacy: Essential Skills for Consumer Health in a Networked WorldCameron D Norman
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Med Internet Res 8:e9. 2006..Potential future applications of the model are discussed...
- Effects of age on auditory and cognitive processing: implications for hearing aid fitting and audiologic rehabilitationM Kathleen Pichora-Fuller
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, 3359 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 1C6
Trends Amplif 10:29-59. 2006....
- Impact of nursing on hospital patient mortality: a focused review and related policy implicationsA E Tourangeau
Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Qual Saf Health Care 15:4-8. 2006..Implications and recommendations for improving quality and safety in hospital care are discussed...
- Best practice in occupational therapy: program characteristics that influence vocational outcomes for people with serious mental illnessesBonnie Kirsh
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Occup Ther 72:265-79. 2005..Attempts at comparing the efficacy of various models of service delivery have met with limited success due to variations across studies...
- Three rarely reported digeneans inhabiting amphibians from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, CanadaDavid Zamparo
Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Parasitol 91:1242-4. 2005..Gorgoderina multilobata has been reported only once since 1936 and has never been reported outside of California. We note several characters not previously reported for Gorgoderina multilobata and G. aurora...
- Does gender impact upon application rejection rate among Canadian radiology residency applicants?Mark O Baerlocher
University of Toronto, Radiology Residency Training Program, Toronto, ON
Can Assoc Radiol J 56:232-7. 2005..To determine if and how gender ratios have changed within Canadian radiology, and to determine if gender discrimination occurs at the level of the radiology resident selection committee...
- Time series analysis of age related cataract hospitalizations and phacoemulsificationAlan M Leong
Primary Care Research Unit, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5, Canada
BMC Ophthalmol 6:2. 2006..The purpose of this study was to utilize time series methodology to determine the temporal and seasonal variations and the strength of the seasonality in age-related (senile) cataract hospitalizations and phacoemulsification surgeries...
- Hemochromatosis and the enigma of misplaced iron: implications for infectious disease and survivalSharon Moalem
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Surrey Place Centre, Toronto, Canada
Biometals 17:135-9. 2004..Iron supplementation may adversely affect the health of individuals who have mounted an acute phase response to infection, injury or stress, or who carry genes predisposing them to iron overload disorders...
- RECEPTORS FOR COCAINE AND DOPAMINEPhilip Seeman; Fiscal Year: 1993..The availability of clones for these receptors would facilitate new drug design and provide new markers for disease linkage studies in families...
- RECEPTORS MEDIATING DRUG DEPENDENCEPhilip Seeman; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Synaptic change in cingulate cortex after amputationMin Zhuo; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information will provide a potential neuronal basis for understanding phantom limb sensation and phantom pain. ..
- SEROTONERGIC REGULATION OF SENSORY TRANSMISSIONMin Zhuo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will generate synaptic mechanisms for fast glutamatergic transmission as well as 5-HT regulation in the spinal cord. This information will be important for understanding central pain transmission and modulation. ..
- Measuring Tobacco Mortality within the Million Death Study in IndiaPrabhat Jha; Fiscal Year: 2007..The blood-based pilot studies should enable large, representative and reliable genetic and biological epidemiological studies of premature mortality in the near future. ..
- Determinants of breast tissue composition in young womenJohanna M Rommens; Fiscal Year: 2010..For these reasons it may be easier at early ages to detect genetic effects, as well as the effects of environmental exposures unique to early life. ..
- PATIENT PREFERENCES FOR DISCLOSURE: A NATIONAL SURVEYWendy Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITITES IN CHINESE AND CAUCASIAN WOMENNorman Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information about selected risk factors and anthropometric variables will be collected by telephone interview. Mammograms will be obtained and digitized, and the volume of the breast and of dense tissue determined. ..
- INFORMED DECISION MAKING IN OLDER PATIENTS AND SURGEONSWendy Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The study also forms the scientific foundation of a major education initiative by the AAOS designed to improve the communication skills of surgeons and ultimately the care of patients. ..
- Opening of the Blood Brain Barrier for Molecular ImagingKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2007..A successful implementation of this method will make many new molecular imaging approaches possible in brain. The development of even one such imaging method for routine clinical use would have a major impact on patient care. ..
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2007..A successful implementation of even one of the possible ultrasound therapies in the brain to routine cIinical practice would have a maior impact on patient care. ..
- Local harmonic motion imaging for thermal surgeryKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Therefore the potential clinical impact of the proposed research is significant. ..
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our vision is that successful trans- skull sonications could have a major impact on the treatment of many brain disorders. Therefore this research may have a major impact on patient care. ..
- Phased Array Ultrasound System for Cardiac AblationKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This could result in significant cost savings and lead to a cure of thousands of patients. ..
- HIGH TEMPERATURE ULTRASOUND THERAPY GUIDED BY MRIKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The noninvasive focused ultrasound coagulation of liver tumors has a large clinical potential in reducing complication rates and costs associated with open surgery. ..
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..A successful implementation of even one of these possible therapies to routing clinical practice could have a major impact on patient care. ..
- A Novel Ultrasound Phased Array and Sonication Method for Stroke TreatmentsKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2010..During this research we plan to develop such a system and perform all of the experiments needed prior to starting clinical trials. This research may have a major impact on patient care. ..