Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Montelukast use during pregnancy: a multicentre, prospective, comparative study of infant outcomesMoumita Sarkar
The Motherisk Program, Toronto, Canada
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:1259-64. 2009..Currently, there are limited prospective, comparative studies in the literature examining the safety of montelukast use in pregnancy...
- Pregnancy outcome following gestational exposure to azithromycinMoumita Sarkar
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 6:18. 2006..Our primary objective was to evaluate the possibility of teratogenic risk following gestational exposure to azithromycin...
- Folate Intake, MTHFR Polymorphisms, and the Risk of Colorectal Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8 Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3M2
J Cancer Epidemiol 2012:952508. 2012..Conclusion. These results suggest that the 677TT genotype is associated with a reduced risk of developing CRC, under conditions of high total folate intake, and this associated risk remains reduced for both MTHFR 677 CC and TT genotypes...
- Does paroxetine cause cardiac malformations?Lisa O'Brien
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Toronto ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 30:696-701. 2008..Debate has recently arisen about the safety of paroxetine use in pregnancy, prompted by reports of increased risks for cardiac defects following first trimester exposure...
- The safety of antidepressant use in pregnancySanjog Kalra
The Hospital for Sick Children, The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 4:273-84. 2005..This evidence-based information will be helpful to women and their healthcare providers, when the decision of whether or not to treat with anti-depressants during pregnancy must be made...
- The Motherisk Alcohol and Substance Use Helpline: 10 years of experience and countingEunji Kim
The Alcohol and Substance use Helpline, The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Popul Ther Clin Pharmacol 17:e269-80. 2010..Thus, further efforts are required to reach out to the subgroup of women at high risk of continuing their harmful behaviors during pregnancy and lactation...
- A prospective-controlled study of pregnant veterinary staff exposed to inhaled anesthetics and x-raysSamaer Shuhaiber
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 15:363-73. 2002..4%) cases in the control group. These results suggest that Ontario female veterinary staff exposed to inhaled anesthetics and/or radiation do not seem to be at an increased risk for major malformations above baseline risk...
- Folate intake and the risk of colorectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8 Canada
Cancer Epidemiol 35:2-10. 2011..The results of existing studies have been inconclusive. The purpose was to examine the relationship between level of folate intake and the incidence of colorectal cancer...